OK. so I am going to get an Asus gddr5 440 gt as it will not need additional power and needs just one i/o plate.
Once I get the extra folder it will be 560 gtx, 560ti and 440 gt.
Lets see how it runs.
Will put it into sockets 3,5,7 as mentioned in the dsdt. 24gb ram.
I am able to boot and get the lion desktop. However the gfx cards show up as Machete GPU 1, 2 and 3.
The VRAM is also displayed incorrectly.
I got an error with ATY_init kext. And when I built a kextcache ATY_init was ignored. I also got an error ATY_init was installed improperly when I used the update for gtx 5xx in machete..
Do I need to install any nvidia kexts/ CUDA software to recognize the cards correctly ?
Since its sometimes easier to print out everything - I am going to write down what I did. Everything is based off Luigis first post here - http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....l=1#post713877
1. Get your components together.
- Asus P6T7 supercomputer mobo
- LGA 1366 CPU - Use i7 970 or higher as these are the 6-cores available.
- 24GB DDR3 - might as well max it out
- 128GB SSD for OS install - these are under 100/- now, just look at slickdeals, ozbargain etc
- ATX case - the P6T7 is actually CEB form factor, slightly bigger than ATX. However it will fit into an ATX case. Just make sure you have a removable mobo tray. Also, do not install any HDDs where the large dual slot GFX cards go in.
- Buy all your GFX cards. Luigi recommends 3 of the same card if you want to use his 3 GPU setup. I used 2x 560 and 1x 440 as the GUI card.
- Get a couple of SATA+power 3.5" IO panel - I use bare drives for storage as its easy to connect and disconnect them. These panels are 10 bucks each on ebay. I used 2 for a total of 4 SATA and 4 power ports in front. I use the 5.25 bays to actually give a space for the HDDs to sit.
- Buy a multi IDE/SATA to USB connector and a 4-pin molex to SATA power adapter. Snip off the ends of a USB cable and the molex to SATA power and connect the +5v and gnd of USB cable to the +5v and gnd of the SATA power. Voila..You can now connect your SATA SSD to any laptop with 2x USB ports.
- You need a working mac. Buy a Dell mini 9 or 10v and hackintosh it if you dont have a real one. You need at least Snow Leopard.
2. Partition the SSD into a 8GB Boot and the rest into a Lion partition. Use GUID as you want to boot from it.
3. Download all the software on this page.
4. Set the BIOS as per the Bios Settings in the bios_setting.zip download.
5. Now setup the install files on Boot/
- Use the ShowAllFiles to toggle on all files in Finder.
- Click to mount OSX Lion dmg. Then navigation to the Base System dmg and mount it as well. Leave them open.
- Restore OSX Base system to Boot partition.
- Copy the Packages/ dir to the Boot partition in System/Installation. Overwrite the Packages link there.
6. Now setup Boot/ so it can actually boot
- Copy .disklabel, boot.efi, kernelcache, mach_kernel and MacOS png file from the Mac OSx Install ESD to the root of the Boot/ partition.
- Start the Machete installer and install Chameleon on Boot/ - NOTE:- Be careful where you install it.
- Then copy over Luigis Extra folder to the root of Boot/ Add the -v option to BootOption in com.Apple.Boot.plist
- Now rerun Machete and tick the 5xx support patch - if you are using any Fermi 5xx GPUs
- Copy the LION folder from the Machete install pack to boot.
- This is a good time to download the latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia and copy them to Boot as well
7. Connect the SSD to SATA port 1. And boot. If you get stuck at PCI Configuration Begins, try npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 Also try enabling or disabling the dsdt that Luigi provided.
8. Now hopefully you are able to install Lion. After installation shutdown your P6T7 and connect the SSD to your working mac. Now install with 5xx update, Chameleon and one of the GPU options ticked. Install the CUDA driver you have. Now disconnect the SSD and reconnect to SATA1.
9. Finish setting up your Lion.
10. Now you should be able to see the desktop. I can see 3 Machete GPUs. However, they are not yet recognised as Nvidia GPUs. Perhaps you were luckier!! Use the Machete installer and install the P6T7 drivers. I got an error about ATY_init.kext .. When it finished, do not reboot, and let it wait there. Delete the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from SLE. Repair permissions. Now reboot.
11. Install 10.7.1 update from the Machete installer. Reboot.
I will update this as I get my system setup.
So far, I have to keep the npci string to prevent the PCI Configuration error. I got the ATY_init error, and I dont think this kext is even being used. I also cannot recognise the Nvidia GPUs. I used the 3 GPU configuration.
Your problem is gtx 5xx .....
try get out from slot yours gtx 5xx use only gtx 4xx
delete dsdt from extra folder
delete ati-init kext
enabler GRaphics enabler with Yes And install last chameleon boot loader
update to 10.7.4
install driver nvidia quadro for osx 10.7.4
put your gtx 5xx in slot And boot.
If You have withe screen , disabile GRaphics enabler And use GFX string only for Fisrt GRaphics.
This is what I was asking in my mail sent to you.
If you get stuck at PCI Configuration Begins
Add npci=0x3000 to boot options.
If you get stuck at IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111
Extract ssdt tables using aida64 extreme and place them inside Extra/-
This did not work for me :-(
I had to delete DSDT
If you update to 10.7.4
Extract the AppleACPIPlatform kext from the latest Unibeast using Pacifist and overwrite the one in SLE
If you use the Nvidia web drivers after updating to 10.7.4 and get a black screen
start in single user mode and run NVIDIARecovery
I used an Asus 1Gb GT 440 card as my primary GFX so I can use the 2x 560 for Resolve. I had to use this custom Natit in E/E to get it to work. GraphicsEnabler=No
This card can only do Analog or digital not both, so I am connected via VGA and DVI.
I ran into all these errors.
While installing Lion I had to delete the dsdt.aml
Luigi, how did you patch your dsdt ? I have extracted mine, just not sure what patches to apply in DSDTSE as there is no patch file for P6T7
After a week of almost non stop trying, I have the P6T7 with 10.7.4 with the latest Nvidia CUDA drivers. With the Natit kext I can use the GT440.
I am now going to generate a GFX string and use the GraphicsEnabler method using this tutorial.
I have everything working on P6T7 in Lion 10.7.4 except Audio and SAS.
I used unibeast 1.4 and Multibeast 5.6.1
There is a special AppleACPI rollback for x58 mobos. The gfx cards are automatically detected.
There is a third party RTL installer in Multibeast. USB works straight out of the install. I used the DSDT and SSDT files using Aida64
I recompiled them with DSDT editor - latest version from May 2012.
I used DropSSDT=yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist
Can someone post the audio fix for AD2000b ?
Also, I understand that RAID support is not there in OSx, but is there a way to make the marvel 88se6320 sas work simply as legacy SATA ?
I really want to use the extra ports.
I have been happy with this machine w/ 3 gtx470's the past year.. Thankyou again. But now i am thinking about upgrading it to an SSD boot drive, and while at it was thinking about going to 2 gtx 580's instead of the 3 470's. This would open up a couple pci slots for me.
1. Do you think the performance will be as good with 2- 580's?
2. If so, the install would be fairly simple yes?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|