R3D Data Manager for Windows version 1.3 is released!
Updates since v1.2:
- Now using PDF help content. This makes it much easier for those with smaller screens to view the help while using the program.
- Added camera prefix preference and folder handling. This is the same feature that is running on the Mac version. Simply select what you would like to call your folders, i.e. "_Camera" and R3D Data Manager will copy data from the A camera in the "A_Camera" folder, B camera data into the "B_Camera" folder, etc...
- Each destination can now be canceled independently. Just click on the stop sign next to the destination.
- Each destination now has its own progress indicator. Each destination now can be monitored independently.
- Added SyncRMD function with dialog. This allows you to sync your RMD metadata files across destinations. So, open up your footage from one destination in RedCine-X, and adjust your footage as desired. The come back to R3D Data Manager and click on "Sync RMD". Select the destination you adjusted (your "Master" copy) and R3D Data Manager will then sync the RMD data to your other destinations.
- OS file reads are now retried a maximum of five times. We catch those file read CRC errors. If there are more than 5 CRC errors in the same spot, the copy defaults to "error" or "warn" state.
- Added file system retry reporting to activity log. So you can see when there are file read CRC errors. If there seems to be a lot on a specific media, you may want to test that media for reliability.
- Fixed "flicker" problem with main window controls.
- Fixed Red Media detection.
- Fixed problem with source unmont after copy
- Added new RED Media types to project information dialog. Now supports Red Media SSD cards.
- Now issuing alert if source can't be unmounted upon completion of copy process.
- Now using safer, more appropriate volume unmount process.
- Fixed a bug with automatic log file deletion
- Fixed a problem with single-destination cancel
- Retry button is now displayed for source as well as destination errors.
- Now using smooth style for main progress bar.
- Fixed problem with volume root destinations (attempt to create root folder.)
- File copies now pre-allocating disk space.
This is a free upgrade for all windows users. Enjoy.
Use the Updater tool installed in the R3D Data Manager program folder. You must be connected to the internet to upgrade this program.
To order a copy or pick up a 15-day trial version, head to our website.