I hope you don't mind me contacting you privately but I really like your shell and wouldn't want to cast a stain on its reputation by publicly reporting a problem which is almost certainly related to deficiencies in my IT skills.
I was using it on an Alexa job a few days ago (after testing it and coming to the conclusion that it is fast and reliable as you said - at least in relation to the not fast and definitely not reliable shot put pro).
I tried to copy an Alexa folder to two destinations and it reached 96% then froze for several minutes even though the data was all copied. I checked the bits and they matched up and played through a couple of clips and everything seemed fine. I would have liked to transcode and ultimately retry your shell but it was in the heat of battle (I was data wrangling and ACing) so I just had to revert to the hated shot put pro and press on.
I'd love to have another crack of the whip with your shell but would feel more confident about using it if you had any idea why it had a little freak-out the other day. I'm quite busy and the lions share of jobs these days are on the Alexa so I will have the opportunity pretty soon.
On a related note - if you were thinking of developing it further, one thing I would dearly love to use is something that lets me copy within finder (drag and drop) then run a checksum retrospectively
i.e. First folder (Drag 1st folder here) 2nd folder (drag folder here) original folder (drag folder here) - perform checksum.
In my wildest dreams I'd do it myself but, as you have probably worked out from this message, I'm far too thick.
All the best from England
Have a good weekend
I know exactly what happened. It is the problem Jamie and I were discussing on earlier in this thread about different file systems measuring directors differently. In the UDF file system used for Alexa SxS cards, directories actually have a different file size than in HFS+ used by OSX. So you run into a problem where the destination never gets large enough to end the loop I use to measure percent complete. The latest version of the script solves that problem is a really dumb way. I have the measure end at 90% instead of 98%. I really need to change the script so it only measures files and ignores directories.
Try the latest version of the script on some test footage and see how it works for you. It stops the loop at 90% now to prevent that problem. It could still happen if the source and destination are more than 10% different in size, so I really need to rewrite that whole section of the script.
A script that just does MD5 checksums would be pretty easy. I am about to start a new feature, so it might be after that before I could get to it. I need to make a few things about this script better first.