Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KETCH ROSSi

Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 173 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
    If you change your battery display from % to timed it will give you an idea how long the XL will last ya.

REDVOLT's are about 35 minutes, a Brick is about 2:20. In the quad module, it seems like the life on the Volts goes up when together as one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Have not timed Will,

but today one Redvolt in the side handle grip, and two XL Redvolt in the Quad Battery Module, made me forget I was on Battery Power, we were out there for at list three hours, and still had power when I shot off the camera, also both the EVF and LCD were on, and shooting high frame rate at 5k with the fan at full blast in a 40ŗ Plus Celsius here in Rome, makes for higher power consumption, but of course we were on stand by most of the time, so no real way to give a good statistic on this.
    Will Keir
    Creative Director ~ Jumping Rock Pictures
    Epic X & Dragon #2482 / R1 #3033
    Zeiss MKII Super Speeds Lenses

"Why I choose film?
    The friendships, the adventure, the art."

Now I'm ready to go on vacation... ;)

These pictures give me the same fear that I had when I first saw the Epic design... It's still an unknown how sturdy all of those modules will stay with so much weight hanging off the back.. I fear that in 2-3 years of use with a set up like the one above (or with even more modules) those connectors will start to come loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Keir View Post
    Is your shoulder mount setup still using the ET dovetail and Clutch arms? We were in a long gear purchasing session last night and your pics came up more than a few times. :)

My current concern with the shoulder setup is counter balance and having the weight evenly distributed. Looking at either the ET mount with 15mm quickplate for front attachments with O Gribs on our O Box mattebox or using the back end of the Clutch with O Gribs/O Box. The trouble with the RED shoulder pad, as you pointed out before, no ability to change the angle degree, but it does look good, nonetheless.

I know you are constantly evolving your workflow and gear to meet you needs, thanks for the advice.
    I currently have bits and pieces of the Clutch and the Mantis, waiting on a shoulder Pad solution, as neither the one form the Clutch nor the Mantis fit my need.

However I might look again in to the clutch back support system to give the module the support they need, and or create a Custom set up here in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Keir View Post
    If you change your battery display from % to timed it will give you an idea how long the XL will last ya.

REDVOLT's are about 35 minutes, a Brick is about 2:20. In the quad module, it seems like the life on the Volts goes up when together as one unit.
    Well, fact is that this XL Redvolts really do give you lots of Power time and that is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Field View Post
    These pictures give me the same fear that I had when I first saw the Epic design... It's still an unknown how sturdy all of those modules will stay with so much weight hanging off the back.. I fear that in 2-3 years of use with a set up like the one above (or with even more modules) those connectors will start to come loose.
    The connectors of the Module Adapter are super SOLID, I can see this thing been there for a life time and the EPIC BRAIN not suffer any issues, and everything else fits to the Module Adapter, so if anything at all it would be the Module Adaptor to be replaced, and not the Epic Brain, the beauty of MODULARITY... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

BTW,

Curt Pair did a great work on one of my Photos of the last RED EPIC set up I put together, and wanted ot share this on my timeline as well, THANKS CURT!!

And so did Brett Ogden... THANKS BRETT!!

F I L M M A K E R

Here I also place the videos form the Brazil workshop, UPDATED.

Hey guys,

sorry it has been taking a whiile to do this, but both Joćo and I have been extremely busy, and I thank Joćo for finding the time to edit and start uploading this BTS Videos of our RED EPIC Workshop in Campina Brazil last March.

This was a particular workshop done for a small and select group of people in Brazil which worked in different fields of the industry and for the first time came across RED, this will still be very informative to some, and give a start to some.

A comprehensive BTS Video is coming which will be shot here in Rome, with the Title of "EPIC in FASHION" and it will take you from A to Z on getting the EPIC set up, and then get lighting and Flash set up to shoot your Models and take the material to post and finally to Print.

But for now I hope you start enjoying this videos, 5 in al, two are already up.

A HUGE THANKS to Joćo and every one in Brazil.

ALBUM is located here: https://vimeo.com/album/2053312

I'll add the videos here as soon as they get uploaded.

The third video is now up... Enjoy it... ;)

F I L M M A K E R

Great videos & once again thanks for sharing with everyone :)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Harrison View Post
    Great videos & once again thanks for sharing with everyone :)
    Glad you enjoy them Richard,

3 more coming, the last two are more hands on camera done shoot on locations. less of a talking head... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

Thanks KETCH your very generous that was great.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Starkey View Post
    Thanks KETCH your very generous that was great.

Cheers

My pleasure Evan,

lots of talking on the first ones but the last ones have some fun on location too... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

Thanks Ketch, your sharing of your technological understanding and experiential wisdom in cinematography is very generous and highly appreciated. waiting for more :)