Thread: RED experienced Houston Area Editor/Colorist Available

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED experienced Houston Area Editor/Colorist Available 
    Hello all,

My name is Bruce Ingram and after five years with local Houston Production and Post house, XL Films, I will be striking out into the world of freelance as of June 1st.

I have extensive experience in editing, grading, file managing and compositing (both AE and Smoke) with RED footage since XL Films acquired their camera in 2008 (#1720, Ginger). You can view some of my work at my website, ingramworks.com, or can connect directly to my Vimeo page.

So, if you are in the Houston, Austin, DFW area and I can be of any help please drop me an email at ingramworks@me.com or a call at 281-546-4671.

Hi Bruce. I don't have any work for you, but I'm curious what sort of networking you do in Houston. I'm trying to move beyond weekend projects with friends into more serious work with professionals. I live in Pearland, which is definitely not a bastion of filmmaking :p. But I can go all over town and all over most of Texas...I just don't know anybody. Thanks.

Hey Andrew, sorry to respond so late, I kind of lost track of this post.

Generally, my networking envolves folks that I met during my time at XL Films and expanding out from there. I have a good rep in town, I believe, among those that know me and that helps making introduction to newer folks easier. So, most of my networking happens during actual gigs. I have, and need to this more, tried to attend industry events or get-togethers in town and that can be a good way to meet folks, especially if you are looking for connections in Houston's film making community. There's also the Facebook communities that I know have worked well for others, like "Houston Cast & Crew" and "Shortfilmtexas.com".

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to bump this, new reel and updated website showing new work and outlining some info on my Resolve system. Still in Houston and focusing on color and online for indie film and commercial markets. Give me a shout if I can be of help on your productions.
    Last edited by Bruce Ingram; 09-28-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: dumb spelling mistake

A quick bump, updated reel for 2013 :)

Another quicky bump and a progression reel that I created a little while ago. If you are in the Houston, Austin, DFW area looking for an experienced Colorist very comfortable with RED workflows, drop me a line

Good stuff, what have you been up to in Houston?

Thanks Victor! So far this year I've finished up the grade for a indie feature, a couple of shorts and then the usual commercial work. Prepping for another feature coming up very soon and, of course, out there trying to get more projects.