Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Video card...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Video card... 
    We have found that the ATI card works best for a Mac... and an 8 Core is the obvious choice for the fastest and most reliable use of REDCINE. The NVidia cards will work, but the ATI's work better.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

This is a bit disappointing for Macbook Pro users, at least in the current versions. I was hoping to get pretty good performance using the MB Pro on set. Obviously I don't expect them to be as fast as Mac Pro counterparts, but the NVidia bug is kind of annoying. Hopefully there's a chance they can get it worked out.

Steve

Jim, using a macbook with Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor just for backup with an external harddisk and checking the shots with an 30" monitor would it work redcinema?

Sorry Jim for bothering you, I have just learned that the MB has just One FireWire 400 port (8 watts) so, it won't work.

yay for us that have 8-core Macs with ATI cards. i'm glad i invested in all of this equipment, it will be worth it in a few months ;).
    www.digitalshakedown.com

EPIC-X #204 "JIGSAW" + SCARLET-X #1097
    DIGITAL SHAKEDOWN - A FULL SERVICE PRODUCTION COMPANY - Concept to Delivery

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    REDCINE will work with all Intel Macs. It just works MUCH better with ATI video cards.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Yeah, no doubt it works on MB Pro, just wish the NVidia card was up to the task much better than it is. But so far, the app is looking really good Jim and I am very grateful that you released it to us before our cameras shipped. It's nice being able to play around with it.

Steve

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    if your having issues with output you can try NOT renaming the #6.E file output name.. worked for me.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by pesan View Post
    Jim, using a macbook with Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor just for backup with an external harddisk and checking the shots with an 30" monitor would it work redcinema?
    preview on a macbook seems to work fine, the graphic card issue just seems to pop up on export.

For what it's worth there are other issues happening with the Macbook Pros that use the NVIDIA 8600M card. While playing video you'll often notice a tearing in the video. Apparantly Apple is aware of this and they are working on it. Not sure if this relates at all to issues with Redcine, but wanted to mention it because there are strange issues going on.

Steve