Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Ziad Oakes - Dubai

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Here is the first on a series of test that I have done with the Epic M. This was shot all in natural lighting inside this tiny apartment at night.
    I shot it with the Red Zoom 18-50mm T3, at asa 2000.
    Levels where toned in Red Cine X but no colour grade was done.
    HD really doesn't justify the quality and detail this camera captures.

Thanks,

http://vimeo.com/24924275
    Ziad Oakes
    ZO
    Red One MX #1286
    Epic-M #692
    Epic- X #413
    Dubai/London

Wow, that's amazing...noisefloor at asa2000 doesn't seem to bother too much. How do you feel about that at full res?
    Still got a lot of nice detail even in this kind of 'lack of overall intensity lighting', and I like the way things roll of from pure black till the brightest parts on top of the skin.
    Close focus distance of the 18-50 seems like a great combination with epic for this.
    Did you use a shoulderconfiguration for this or was it bare bones?
    Thnx for posting this. Gives a good first look of what is possible in this situation which will happen more often when cameras get smaller. I remember first tests from Offhollywoods RedOneMX's just walking throught the city to show what the camera can perform with a good lens. Look forward to seeing Dubai from your perspective from the high end to run and gun.
    -----------
    LITES camera dep.
    http://www.lites.be/

hehe .... this is very cool ... love it ... :-)

sweet!
    Formerly KOSMOS3D
    kosmos innertainment group, inc.
    EPIC-X dragon #00031
    Red Forged CF Weapon #000027
    Red Forged CF Weapon #000065
    M-X SSD Red #0031
    Master Primes
    Alura Zooms
    YouTube = http://www.youtube.com/user/redone0031#g/f

instagram = http://instagram.com/dinogeorgopoulos

http://red31.com

i'm in the red book..check it out at: http://tinyurl.com/l9lfzp

Quote Originally Posted by J.K.Dibbets View Post
    Wow, that's amazing...noisefloor at asa2000 doesn't seem to bother too much. How do you feel about that at full res?
    Still got a lot of nice detail even in this kind of 'lack of overall intensity lighting', and I like the way things roll of from pure black till the brightest parts on top of the skin.
    Close focus distance of the 18-50 seems like a great combination with epic for this.
    Did you use a shoulderconfiguration for this or was it bare bones?
    Thnx for posting this. Gives a good first look of what is possible in this situation which will happen more often when cameras get smaller. I remember first tests from Offhollywoods RedOneMX's just walking throught the city to show what the camera can perform with a good lens. Look forward to seeing Dubai from your perspective from the high end to run and gun.
    Hey JK. I don't think posting a version online really does justice to the amount of detail that you capture at the original 5K. Especially when you are shooting in low light situations. I'll try and post some stills for reference maybe. I used the clutch for shooting this and a great addition to the Epic M. But in tight situations its great to be able to release the clutch and shoot with it like a DSRL.

To be honest I was a little surprised on how the 18-50mm performed. I was never a fan of this lens. But I think considering it held up very well.

Will be posting some more stuff shot on Red Pro Primes soon.
    Ziad Oakes
    ZO
    Red One MX #1286
    Epic-M #692
    Epic- X #413
    Dubai/London

Congrats Ziad Oakes!
    EPIC-M #810. RED ZOOM 17-50 and 50-150.
    Director, Writer, Producer
    REZLAB LLC
    http://www.carlosflorez.com

7. #27 Epic M 692 shoots in South Korea 
    I just came back from a 12 day shoot in south Korea. The Schedule was a brutal one. We were shooting 18 hours days and no rest. We traveled from Seoul to Busan to Jeju Island, over the 12 days which involved planes trains and automobiles. The shoot was very much a run and gun shoot, tight schedule to capture 15 films. So we needed to have something flexible that could be ready to shoot in all conditions and different lighting temperaments.

The epic was truly epic. It survived rain, high humidity levels, and a brutal work day. It never once over heated, crashed or stalled. It rested maximum for about 6 hours daily. We shot with at different ASA levels at night in order to test the grain levels and managed to still produce some great quality images.
    The whole shoot was shot using the clutch. So everything was handheld. The clutch become an extension of my body in the end. Its given that my shoulder eventually caved in to some bruising, but i would blame that on the brutal schedule and having the epic carries on my shoulder for 18 hour days!

Below are some of the low res frame grabs that I have taken from some of the shots. These where exported at the end of every night shoot, with the help of Maxx Digital Mobile red rocket. Which I have to say was my perfect companion. If you don't have one, and have a shoot on the run, I highly recommend it. Its brilliant. Will upload more frame grabs as we go along.

In total we shot 48 Mags of 128gb. The SSD's never gave me any problems. No File errors, no overheating. No Data Loss. Simply Brilliant.
    Attached Images
    Ziad Oakes
    ZO
    Red One MX #1286
    Epic-M #692
    Epic- X #413
    Dubai/London

nice one dude, we've had some fun shoots since youve been away too ;) . lets grab a beer when you get a chance.
    EPIC-X #7166
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Here are a few more frame grabs
    Attached Images
    Ziad Oakes
    ZO
    Red One MX #1286
    Epic-M #692
    Epic- X #413
    Dubai/London

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew clemson View Post
    nice one dude, we've had some fun shoots since youve been away too ;) . lets grab a beer when you get a chance.
    Sounds great buddy. Will give you a bell this weekend to see when we can hook up.
    Ziad Oakes
    ZO
    Red One MX #1286
    Epic-M #692
    Epic- X #413
    Dubai/London