Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Birger Lens Mount Reservations

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 644 123451151101501 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Birger Lens Mount Reservations 
    In honor of Black Friday, the largest shopping day of the year in the US, the Birger Engineering Cinema Lens Mounts for the RED ONE Camera are now available for reservation. Download forms at:

http://www.birger.com/pdf/cinema_order_form.pdf

Reservations are placed with a 20% deposit on a credit card, and are fully refundable prior to the scheduled ship date. The rest of the details are in the form.

I have accepted Ken Corbenís invitation to attend LART on 1 December. I have chosen this event for the public unveiling of the lens mount system from Birger. Over the coming weeks we will announce who our early users are, provide additional feedback as to which lenses are going to offer the best results with each of the mounts, and a great deal more information about the system.

I will do as Jim has, and offer a reward to the believers. Place a reservation and a refundable deposit prior to the public unveiling, and you will receive a free Bluetooth Remote Control with each system purchased.
    Erik Widding
    www.birger.com

Awesome news Erik! I can't wait to check this out. I'll be putting my order in and my offer to you still stands.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Eric,
    Is there a webpage / link so that we can see what is available as images.?
    www.midnight-dreams.com
    London UK
    RED #2230

great news - especially the other mount options.
    There is no mention on the order form of Image Stabilization support for EF-S, though. What can you tell us about that, Eric?

Eric, I do not have a fax machine as I am travelling. Is there a way to order on-line? I do not want to email my credit card detail either.

Well, I've got to admit that I'm disappointed that the Birger Nikon Mount (BNM) is not scheduled for delivery until at least March 15 (or later), leaving me without a Nikon lens mount solution from my scheduled camera delivery date--mid-December--until at least some time after the first of the year, as Jim has recently stated but not specified a target date, which will also mean I will probably be forced to buy the RED Nikon Mount as an interim solution that will become useless once the Birger solution is released.

The delay of the BNM wouldn't be so painful, except that I'm out here in the hinterlands with virtually no PL rental options.

Further, I had understood that the BNM would have the capacity to control zooming functions, as well, with the addition of a RED Motor and alternative functionality with the RED SuperGrip.

Assuming that the BNM will not, on its own, control zooming operations, can focus and aperture be ported to the RED SuperGrip so that all three functions will be available solely from the SuperGrip, making the Birger Rail Mount Knob component superfluous?

Or am I confusing the Birger solution with one expected from Curt of View Factor?

Help, Erik/Curt/Jim! Can one or all explain how solutions from the three of you will function cooperatively or competitively? I'm confused.
    Epic-X #1984

I think you'll find that you'd want Focus+Iris on the left side of the camera, and controll it with your left hand, and have the supergrip on the right side controlling zoom, start/stop and other functions.

It's not a big bonus having everything in one single grip
    Facebook Skype: aholck

Order placed.
    Can you please explain the Rail Mount Knob?

Is this an electronic follow focus knob? Would I need to 3 knobs or does one knob handle all 3 functions?
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Think it's this one.

According to the old posts, conrtrollers can be daisychained using the Lemo connectors. A small thumb iris controller would be a nice.
    Facebook Skype: aholck

Anders--

I guess you're right, so far as splitting the functionality between two hands. But, since I will usually be shooting without an AC--and when I will, would prefer him using the bluetooth unit--and don't have experience shooting with a cine-style focusing config, I still had pictured myself, placing both hands on grip-like handles, rather than the traditional FF wheel attached to the rail.
    Epic-X #1984