Build 1.6.12 just went live in the support section for EPIC-M owners.
This is a pretty substantial firmware upgrade introducing 300fps max record speeds ( 2K ) , Anamorphic support, a massive REDMOTE upgrade, and in-camera black level calibration.
Log into your account to download.. and dont forget to read the instructions.. You need to update both the camera and REDMOTE separately.. and REDMOTE needs to be updated via USB cable.
This Firmware upgrade is free... as usual. Enjoy.
* REDcode optimizations
* 25p improvements for HD-SDI
* Side handle fw upgrade support
* Force_upgrade now auto-deletes upgrade package after upgrade
* 5K ANA, 4K HD, 4K ANA, 2K WS (high frame-rate record) resolutions added
* HDRx +1 added to selections
* ISO 1250 replaced with ISO 1280
* +/- added to numeric keypad
* New REDMote firmware support (old REDmote firmware not supported)
* In-camera calibration @ default and user settings
* Calibration settings for temp and exposure time displayed
* Additional data rates for 256GB SSD
* UI optimizations
* FPS max speed increased to 300 fps
* Added additional steps to FPS list
* Audio is now packed differently and needs RCX 470 or later.
* Updated fan support
* Network updates
* Updated partition table
* Improved REDmote communication
* SSD optimizations for high frame-rate record
* Audio jack detect status
* Rig metadata support for non 32-bit aligned protocols
* Rig metadata status display
Also... 256GB cards are now in stock shipping to EPIC customers. RED.COM.