Got my EPIC-M (Yea!!).
Now, I am confused with what should be the a standard Handheld to Shoulder Mount to Tripod Head System. I am new to the RED System and I need help. Here it goes.
Base Config (The most basic accessories attached to the EPIC):
2. REDMote (Attached to the mount on the brain)
3. RED DSMC Side Module
4. RED DSMC Top Mount
5. RED Top Sliding Handle
6. RED 5" Touchscreen LCD (Can the Top Sliding Handle be mounted along side with the touchscreen??? If not what will be required?? Help!!)
7. RED Mounting Plate (EPIC)
8. RED Battery Belt Clip (Unit REDVolts are shipped)
And now of to my Rail Config,
Rail Config (Base Config will be mounted using: RED Mounting Plate EPIC will attach to RED Quick Release Platform w/Dovetail)
1. RED Quick Release Platform (Dovetail)
2. RED DSMC Universal Mount 19mm x 2
3. RED Carbon Fibre Rails (Length To Be Decided TBD) x 2
Optional (when using Follow Focus and Matte Box)
4. RED DSMC 15mm Adapter (Centered)
6. 15mm Carbon Fibre Rods (Reseller & Length TBD) x 2
7. Follow Focus (RedRockMicro v2, I use it on my HDSLR Rigs, Will want to upgrade, I liked the ARRI MFF)
8. Matte Box (TBD, I don't know what to get which is compatible with Red Pro Primes RPP complete set including 300mm)
Hand Held Config (Ill be adding the accessories to the BaseConfig with or without Rails Config)
1. Outrigger Handle
Shoulder Mount Config (Base + Rail Configs will be mounted: RED Quick Release Platform w/ Dovetail will attach to ET Mantis's Arri-Style Dovetail Interface)
1. ET Mantis
Tripod Head Config (Base + Rail Configs will be mounted: RED Quick Release Platform w/ Dovetail will attach RED Dovetail Mounting Plate that is screwed on to (Any non Arri)Tripod quick release plate)
1. Manfrotto 509 or 526
2. RED Dovetail Mounting Plate (Long or Short)
Correct me if I wrong, I ready to bite the bullet on these accessories. Now that's what I would like to get for my system, however, I have a few doubts.
1. Length required for the 15mm rods when using RPPs.
2. Length required for the 19mm rods in the above rail system.
3. Using RED Battery Plate and docking it on Female V-Lock (Cheapest way possible, anyone?)
Get ET IDX Battery Plate w/Lemo Accessory Power + Male Lock (Easy, but expensive, especially knowing REDVolts will arrive any day)
4. Will the RED RED Dovetail Mounting Plate (Long or Short) will fit on my Manfrotto 509 QR Plates, I am very unsure of this.
5. Again, I want to have both 5" Touchscreen and Top Sliding Plate fitted on the DSMC Top Mount, is it possible if not how can I do it.