Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: ???

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCurtis View Post
    Jim - love that you're doing it, but that appears to be a two stage...correct?

GOTSTA have 3 stages! Pola & ND setup.
    Or make sure there is a retaining ring set for a round pola in the donut.

The devil's in the details, which we have none at the moment.
    ----------------------
    Cheers!
    http://www.techyoumedia.com

I am with Evin and Elcurado, this has to be Curt's work... if so then the target price according to Curt was somewhere between $1500 to $2000.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I am with Evin and Elcurado, this has to be Curt's work... if so then the target price according to Curt was somewhere between $1500 to $2000.
    No, it was $1000 to $1500

Seems like a tradeoff. Using three filters is always inferior optically if you can do it with two, due to flares/ghosting from surface reflections. If you have a strong enough ND you should not need or want to stack NDs. For any given filter size, having 3 stages limits the widest angle before vignetting, relative to a 2-stage MB of the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Nelson View Post
    No, it was $1000 to $15000
    That's a tad high Shawn.

Actually, Curt said from $1350 to $1500, I added the extra $500 for pad. As a matter of fact, I always add some pad because no matter what... it always costs a little more. At least that is what 15 years of buying Sony, Panny and Arri gear has shown me. It is best not to be too optimistic and plan for a little higher prices. But that is just me. YMMV Shawn.

Senior Member Daniel Reichenbach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timage View Post
    Damn this looks realy sexy.
    Why did you wait so long to show us. I just went for the Arri MB-20 group buy yesterday. If spent 5K on the mattebox.
    So if we all knew the price and and the shipping time (I know everything is about to change ) I could probably stop my Arri order. But we need some infos quick. I would love to spend my money on RED stuff but as we said it many days bofore, we need the infos. I can wait some other months till delivery. We all can handle the waiting game now :whistling:

Would be nice to hear about the details very soon.

Thanks
    Tim
    Didn't I tell you to wait until Jim or Curt or both come up with a incredible matte? :bye2:

It is soooooooo geillllllllllll, hehehehe
    Daniel Reichenbach
    Director/DP

EPIC X 109

www.elementp.ch

Senior Member Daniel Reichenbach's Avatar
    Jim - love that you're doing it, but that appears to be a two stage...correct?

Would never put three glass in front of a 40'000$ lens, two are enough or I'll find another solution
    Daniel Reichenbach
    Director/DP

EPIC X 109

www.elementp.ch

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    That's a tad high Shawn.

Actually, Curt said from $1350 to $1500, I added the extra $500 for pad. As a matter of fact, I always add some pad because no matter what... it always costs a little more. At least that is what 15 years of buying Sony, Panny and Arri gear has shown me. It is best not to be too optimistic and plan for a little higher prices. But that is just me. YMMV Shawn.
    But that was with the pad. Originally Curt was going to be $750, then it slid to "below $1500". Hopefully getting the cool Red styling didn't raise the price 33% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by artbeatsart View Post
    Would never put three glass in front of a 40'000$ lens, two are enough or I'll find another solution
    I agree. I don't like stacking NDs at all. But I also think that the ability to have a third stage or a space for a round pola would be a good idea.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.