Thread: RED DIT Workshop Ireland (FAS)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED DIT Workshop Ireland (FAS) 
    Ok, so after the jetlag, after day one of my RED DIT workshop, after day two of my RED DIT workshop, I can say I'm happy. One more day to teach here in Ireland, and today (I'm 8 hours ahead) I teach the Epic ( I have one for the program, and I believe the only one in Ireland right now), and REDCine-X Pro workflow.

It's my second year teaching this workshop, and I love it. My class is composed of working film and TV professionals. The class is held on the grounds of Deer Park Golf resort in Howth, just 25 mins outside Dublin. FAS provides all the gear needed, RED MX's, RED Epic, audio, gigantic HD LCD projector, fluid heads, shoulder mounts, Lock-it boxes, tons of teaching aids, and of course amazing snacks, and lunch.

Today the class shot shooting exercises (exposure tests, overcrank, undercrank, getting to know the RED etc), and the grounds they have to shoot on, are simply beautiful. Surrounded by the Irish Sea and castles, you cannot be in a more picturesque place.

The program is sponsored by a government agency (FAS) Screen Training Ireland. The FAS team is the best (Brian Nolan, Sorcha Loughnane, Breege Rowley, and Jason), they make sure I have everything I need for a successful workshop.

Thanks to those who supported me, Ted, Dan, Deanan (from RED), Ron Amborn (Maxx Digital), Tom Gabbois (Eizo), Cliff Hausner (Mac Group), Conrad Hunsziker (R3D Data Manager) Doug Solis (BigFoot Mobile Carts) and Chris Elliot (Teradek)

Von
    Last edited by Von Thomas; 10-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Von Thomas
    Mobile Hero - Dailies Coloist / On-Set Colorist
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    International Colorist Academy
    mobileheropost.com
    www.icolorist.com

2. #2 RED EPIC Classes 
    Von
    We are always happy to help and Thank You for the kind words. We really appreciate being a part of the RED community and will continue to do our best to educate and support the most amazing camera on the planet.

Sincerely,
    Ron Amborn President
    Maxx Entertainment Digital
    21562 Newland Street
    Huntington Beach , Ca 92646
    Direct 714-374-4944
    Cell 714-713-4492

Banned
    More DITs learning the Von Method. What a great thing.

Banned
    Camby, Indiana / New Plymouth, New Zealand
    Hey Von, congrats on a successful program mate, please keep me posted on future workshops. Hit me at johnbannister (at) globalblackops (dot)(com) cheers mate!

Thanks Von,

Team B in the front row are having a great time.

Here is the link for the workshop photos, http://gallery.me.com/vonthomas#100381
    Last edited by Von Thomas; 10-08-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Von Thomas
    Mobile Hero - Dailies Coloist / On-Set Colorist
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    International Colorist Academy
    mobileheropost.com
    www.icolorist.com

Thanks Von...really enjoyed the class and it was great meeting you! Keep in touch: jasonkeane ( a t ) h o t m a i l ( d o t c o m )
    Last edited by Jason Keane; 10-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks a million to Von and the folks over at F.A.S. / Screen Training Ireland for giving us the opportunity to work with these cameras. It was really enjoyable and Von was very informative about the cameras and DIT workflow.

Can’t wait to see what the Scarlet will be like, although the Epic is probably the ideal camera. (Thank god! No more having to hot-rod a HVX-200 :)

Best,
    Tim