Thread: Jim & Oscar

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Jim & Oscar 
    Jim,

I'm going to really enjoy that INEVITABLE night that a filmmaker walks up on stage to accept his/her Oscar and amongst the list of thank you's, the name "Jim Jannard" will be spoken.

Realistically, I doubt it will be me, but if it was, you would have been second on the list. The first thank you has to go to my "Executive Producer" (my mom, who is helping me buy a Red in the first place, haha).

Of course, I hope by then you will have already been awarded one of your own for Red.

With announcement after announcement of the continuing improvement in an already high quality product without an increase in price, I can't help but to admire and respect you as a man of his word who is fundamentally affecting so many lives by giving a voice to filmmakers who otherwise may never had the chance to tell their stories at this level.

So, "Thank You to Jim Jannard", in advance (with or without the golden guy).

There is of course the Oscar Technical Achievement Awards also...

http://www.oscars.org/aboutacademyaw...technical.html
    RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M #646, EPIC-X #7139, Scarlet Dragon-X #4919, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i)
    Leica Summilux-C series on order.
    www.groovyentertainment.com/english/

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

No victory lap. I was just reflecting and remarking on the idea of how one person can affect another person in such an instrumental way that the heights of what can be attained goes from "just a dream" to something like accepting an Oscar. Not that I am thinking I'll get one some day... my actual aspirations and films aren't oscar oriented... but it just struck me as incredible that I "sort of" knew someone like this. It crossed my mind that a post like this would come out "fanboyish" or whatever those critics say about us here at RedUser, but I didn't think it should stop me from sincerely saying thanks to Jim (and the Red Team). But a simple thank you wasn't enough for me considering what making a film next year as opposed to 5-10 years or never means to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirik Tyrihjel View Post
    There is of course the Oscar Technical Achievement Awards also...

http://www.oscars.org/aboutacademyaw...technical.html
    Remember, Jim is considered someone making waves with disruptive technology and the academy portion voting are the previous winners of technical awards which are mostly the companies that Red is competing against.
    ----------------------
    Cheers!
    http://www.techyoumedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bowman View Post
    Remember, Jim is considered someone making waves with disruptive technology and the academy portion voting are the previous winners of technical awards which are mostly the companies that Red is competing against.
    No Oscar for you!
    RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M #646, EPIC-X #7139, Scarlet Dragon-X #4919, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i)
    Leica Summilux-C series on order.
    www.groovyentertainment.com/english/

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

None taken. I was wondering how the technical oscars were done. Oh well...

I completely agree with Craig, but I think maybe by 2010 digital cinema will have gained enough acceptance that the achievements will outweigh the sour grapes of competitors.

Let me be the first to predict that Jim and the Red gang will get their much-deserved Oscar in 2010.

Take that Laslo Panaflex! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Nice thought, but isn't this like running a victory lap before you stretch for the race?

I do hope we see droves of RED users/owners winning awards, but for the next year I think just getting a camera and maintaining a living would be a great thing for most here.
    well putted..
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar