Thread: Tutorials for Newcomers to Premiere Pro

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Beadle View Post
    Ha - nice offer! I'll see how this goes, but I have a feeling that what I'm planning on giving to you guys won't be as formal as normal training video's. Just enough to help get newcomers to Premiere Pro up on their feet and running. Things are only going to get more crazy once Scarlet is out so I thought getting some of these done before it arrives will be useful for a lot of people.

We'll see what happens though. I'll buy a copy of Camtasia to do it, so maybe when I start posting them, people can donate some money (if they like) to recover the $300 or so spent on that ;)
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au
    Scarlet-X: #308

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Allen View Post
    Ha - nice offer! I'll see how this goes, but I have a feeling that what I'm planning on giving to you guys won't be as formal as normal training video's. Just enough to help get newcomers to Premiere Pro up on their feet and running. Things are only going to get more crazy once Scarlet is out so I thought getting some of these done before it arrives will be useful for a lot of people.

We'll see what happens though. I'll buy a copy of Camtasia to do it, so maybe when I start posting them, people can donate some money (if they like) to recover the $300 or so spent on that ;)
    Post a KickStarter project with the Lynda style outline I propose - I'm good for the first $300
    -ZEB
    http://bit.ly/1fAvBwe

Looking for a Canon K35 T1.4 set - I got the 18mm - need the others

"I'm just a creative hack having fun with the amazing Dragon!"

With quite a few people switching from FCP to PP the two questions I get asked, aside from just RED-centric workflow, tends to be to do with 'working with sound' and keyboard shortcut mapping. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a video that illustrates and how to switch to FCP shortcuts default mapping and to add your own. I know neither of them are directly RED related but they are both what I get asked a lot.

The primary ones have been mentioned above though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Beadle View Post
    Post a KickStarter project with the Lynda style outline I propose - I'm good for the first $300
    I tried a kickstarter project the other day - seemed like it was only available to US residents however.

Wait and see if you like the tutorials after I get some of the first videos done and we'll see where to go from there ;)
    Brad Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hole View Post
    With quite a few people switching from FCP to PP the two questions I get asked, aside from just RED-centric workflow, tends to be to do with 'working with sound' and keyboard shortcut mapping. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a video that illustrates and how to switch to FCP shortcuts default mapping and to add your own. I know neither of them are directly RED related but they are both what I get asked a lot.

The primary ones have been mentioned above though.
    Sounds great Tim - I'll include this in the basics video :)
    Brad Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Allen View Post
    Hi Oliver!

Thanks for these questions. I'll try to incorporate them into the videos. On the second question, just to get a better idea of what your wanting to achieve, why are you zooming in at 200%? Is this because your footage was originally shot too wide and you're wanting to change the framing, or something else?
    Quad HD is 400% more informations than HD, so it should let me go down to 200% zooming in the timeline without a big loss, but in fact, there is a big loss (if I do a crop in RCP, the result seems better)
    #MX2070
    Paris
    The frenchie doc

Hi Brad

that would be great. Although I could easily do w/o the PPro basics. For me, the focus should be on RED specifics. Most importantly workflow. Would be good to have one variant for slower systems where you'd transcode to proxies (how to best do this on a slow machine, specifically, if you don't want to / can afford a Rocket), edit on them, then finish on just the R3Ds you actually need. How well would "dual" recording help in this (R3Ds to RedMag, ProRes or whatever to Atomos/Pix whatever)? The other workflow would be with the R3Ds native in Premiere. Another important part would be how RCX will fit into this. Resolve would also be interesting, also in comparison to RCX (which is for what / strengths/weaknesses etc). I consider it important to cover "pronciples of operation". So I'd prefer having background / theory etc over just "click here, click there" type information.

Thanks a lot in advance for your work!

-- Volker

Would love to know how to go through the adobe workflow and come out the other end with the highest quality footage (in terms of compression being minimum) from edit to colouring and export, 4K wise even 5K...
    I get to edit in RAW on Premier but where to from there? Would be nice to see how such a workflow happens, even including REDCine Pro-X place in the workflow and all

I'm in a similar boat to AJ, bought Production Premium during the sale and looking forward to using it when my Scarlet comes in (MY FIRST RED!!!), so very much looking forward to any tutorials you do put together. Having messed with Premiere a little bit, I do have just a couple questions if anybody would like to answer:

1) Can you export audio as unique tracks from Premiere Pro CS5.5, with both 5.1 audio and Stereo audio in the same file without going through Adobe Audition? This is something I do daily with Final Cut Pro 7 at work (requirement of our work), but with Premiere we've only been able to export 6-Channel 5.1 with a file OR 2-Channel stereo, not both, and not all with unique tracks.

2) Can you export a reference file from Adobe Premire without doing a full saveout/export? I know this is another option in Final Cut Pro 7, and basically if these two options were possible it'd greatly simplify my life and help to transition to Adobe.
    SCARLET-X #65: "Ruby"
    www.vimeo.com/Chasefox
    www.QuiverDigital.com
    Anyone interested in getting their work on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc...let me know.

Some great suggestions here guys - keep them coming! The current 7 I have down seem like a pretty good start so I'll start planning the content for them and start recording some of them this week.

Hey Chase, just on the above post, in regard to question (2), can you fill me in a bit on what sort of reference file you are wanting from Premiere Pro? What's it being used for? Is it an audio reference file, video or something else? :)
    Brad Allen