Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    No Prob Matija!

Glad it was helpful for you!
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au
    Scarlet-X: #308

i Just got my first RED cam, Scarlet x, and ive shot with RED one, but never been involved in post. Being its my companys first RED, this was super super helpful. Thanks so much. looking forward to the advanced. Really wanna know how to go from timeline to color and final 1080 export. knowing that would make my heart content. Thanks again.

Glad it was helpful Domenic! What program are you guys planning on using for your color grading?
    Brad Allen

i use apple color. only because ive been running fcp 7 suite. Im open to using other programs like cs5.5 or something else. Its nice that you can pre grade in red cine-x. I love that.

Ok cool. You will probably find Color a bit limiting because it's not going to let you grade with the Epic or Scarlet R3D's so you will lose that raw workflow. If 1080p is the max resolution you will need to use, I would really encourage you to download the lite version of DaVinci Resolve. It will let you work in raw and is a much more capable grader than Color. It's almost too powerful for being a free program.

It would definitely be worth your while learning though :). I'm not on Mac so until they get their Windows version out, I'm not going to be much help on the actual specifics of the program - but there are heaps of users on DaVinci and it looks like it could have a long life ahead of it so definitely check it out .

You can check out their website here:
    http://blackmagic-design.com/products/davinciresolve
    Brad Allen

this is what ive been reading on the forums. Ill definitely check it out. Thanks for the tips. What do you color in on pc?

Ha! I don't - well sort of...

I have tried my hand at both Color Finesse and Colorista II. They are good for what they are but they are clunky and are only just enough to get me by for the moment. I'm hanging out for either Speedgrade in CS6 or DaVinci on Windows - or both. In addition to that, I'm also getting up to speed on Nucoda at a facility close by to me : )
    Brad Allen

Brad

First off - cool first video. I haven't been back to Adobe Premier pro since version 3 (back then I hated it!), but your tutorial is really good. Thanks for doing that.

All the above ideas sound great for building a library up and I think having it RED centric is great.

Can I add one to the list - might be a bit of a short one, but could we have a Premier Pro to After Effects then back to Premier Pro roundtrip. Be nice to show how files travel, integrate and travel back to / from Premier pro to the other application in the production suite.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Steve
    :))
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

Thanks for the kind words Steve! Glad you liked the tutorial - I wasn't sure how clear the first one was but as long you got something out of it then all is well :)

Integration between After Effects and Premiere Pro sounds great. I'll add it to the list!
    Brad Allen

Senior Member Lliam Worthington's Avatar
    Fantastic Brad. Very generous, highly informative, well presented and incredibly useful. Especially for me. And I'm only half way in :)

You had already advised me very helpfully on my workflow a couple of months ago. Not sure if you would recall.
    I would also second Steve's request above thanks. And also wondering if is there anything I ned to know about using Colourista II inside AE in that workflow? (you had already advised me it was a bit of a Ram hog I seem to recall)

I'm based in NSW on the central coast - in beautiful Copacabana beach. Where are you based? Seem to think it was Brissy I thought I'd read somewhere?
    Anyway, love to buy you a beer/coffee and lunch and talk Scarlet and film etc with you if your of a mind sometime.

Regardless thanks again for your awesome contribution mate.

Best Wishes

Lliam