I'm considering buying RED next week... at least getting in the line..
But before that, I'm also considering other options from Thomson, Silicon Imaging, etc.. To tell the truth, RED's super35 sensor and modular design impresses me but I need some answers before deciding:
(and I believe the technical specs page on red.com is really weak and not enough - you even have to search through the forum to find out which input/output ports are available on the camera, power consumption, etc...)
- Specs on shutter (180-degree film shutter equivalent with variable speed control?)
- ISO options?
- What is the true ISO sensitivity at 0db?
- is there any time lapse options?
- Signal to Noise ratio details?
- I know there were issues about operating temperatures and fixed eventually.. But no exact (official) specs on these temperatures yet (in terms of degrees)...
- Body dimensions? (just curious)
- If I order now, I'll get a red number like #3000.. I saw Jim's posts before; telling that cameras 101-200 would be sent on 20th of November and 201-600 on 10th of December. Don't know if they arrived yet.. And I know the company targets 500 cameras a month but things change... So, What is the estimate for a new customer with a red number over 3000? I need to know this for production planning.