I was just responding to another thread about my Red experience and I added up all the incredible things Red have done for me, possibly for the first time.
I don't think of myself as a fanboy, I just can't help talking about things that amaze me.
Here's the shortlist:
1. Sold me the camera I had been dreaming of all my life for a price a "nobody" like me could afford.
2. That camera never gave me any trouble. The entire time I owned it I only sent it back once - for free upgrades where RED paid the shipping from and back to Sydney Australia.
3. Brent, Deanan and everyone else at RED made me feel like I was the only owner. Emails at 2am California time, replacement gear shipped overnight, custom software and firmware builds to address my specific issues, and great advice, even when my issues were stupid.
4. After all that they gave me a 100% rebate on my R1 towards an earth shattering new camera that they had just discounted by almost 50% to thank me for my faith in non-obsolenscenence.
5. The RED community that has emerged and rallied around the world is incredible, some of the most impressive people I've ever had the pleasure to know.
Say anything you want about delays, changed specs or anything else and I'll just point you right back to those 4 points. Says it all.
I look at where I was 4 years ago and where I am now and smile.
Okay, fanboy admiration complete!