Thread: RMD files and Adobe Premiere/After Effects

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RMD files and Adobe Premiere/After Effects 
    Hi everyone,

After grading my r3d's, I do my edit with premiere and then to after effects, so far no problem...
    While working in After Effects I decided to go back to RedCine and re graded all my footage (before they were b/w no with color)
    No when i re-open my after effects project or premiere project all the r3ds are still seen b/w. If I go to source settings (premiere)
    or to interpret footage/more options (after effects) and click reload from rmd I get my grading that i did on Red Cine. But the problem
    is to do that for 100 times, since there is no batch way to do it.

Question 1: Adobe products read the meta data from sowhere else rather then the rmd file which is next to the r3d

Question 2: If so where are these files, would deleting these files could do any good to regenerate.

Question 3: Heeeeeeeeeeeelppppppp

:)

Wow, just that little bit of info just saved me hours... For some reason I skimmed over the Reload From RMD button, and I was trying to go about it the long way.... I don't know about the batch settings though, sorry.
    RED camera owner.

we've already heard, something goes wrong with reloading or changing to a certain clip;
    it was mentioned somewhere else on this forum,
    if you want to reload them all at once, then i thought premiere would make a certain mistake and apply all the same rmd to different clips????

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Seynaeve View Post
    we've already heard, something goes wrong with reloading or changing to a certain clip;
    it was mentioned somewhere else on this forum,
    if you want to reload them all at once, then i thought premiere would make a certain mistake and apply all the same rmd to different clips????
    How do you do that there is no option at the moment

1. In the Project panel, select the item with the interpretation settings that you want to apply.
    2. Choose File > Interpret Footage > Remember Interpretation.
    3. Select one or more footage items in the Project panel.
    4. Choose File > Interpret Footage > Apply Interpretation.
    works out perfect.

A. melcher

Copied and pasted into my notes.

Thanks
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by Koray Birand View Post
    Hi everyone,

After grading my r3d's, I do my edit with premiere and then to after effects, so far no problem...
    While working in After Effects I decided to go back to RedCine and re graded all my footage (before they were b/w no with color)
    No when i re-open my after effects project or premiere project all the r3ds are still seen b/w. If I go to source settings (premiere)
    or to interpret footage/more options (after effects) and click reload from rmd I get my grading that i did on Red Cine. But the problem
    is to do that for 100 times, since there is no batch way to do it.

Question 1: Adobe products read the meta data from sowhere else rather then the rmd file which is next to the r3d

Question 2: If so where are these files, would deleting these files could do any good to regenerate.

Question 3: Heeeeeeeeeeeelppppppp

:)
    Not sure of a batch way to do this in After Effects Koray but in Premiere you can export out a FCP XML of your timeline and reimport it. When re-importing, Premiere will treat the R3D as new footage and load your updated RMD instead.
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au

If you open up the premiere file it's going to be an XML flag of some sort to the RMD. Just search for '.rmd' in something like Notepad++ and clear out whatever flag it has for where the rmd is stored with another find/replace.

Senior Member William Wilkinson's Avatar
    You just saved me so much time. Bless you sweet prince.

when i click on "reload from rmd" nothing is happening, when i drag a rmd into PP it says "file format not supported"
    using CC- is there some kind of setting or known error that i don't know about?
    Cinematographer | Director | Editor | Colorist | Writer
    http://jacenk.net - Epic Dragon #6625 "Leelu"