Thread: Premiere CS5.5 (mac) not loading RED presets

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anyone have anymore info on this?
    Charlie Grinnell

www.charliegrinnell.com | +1 604 418 1702

Same thing here. Installed and reinstalled Master Collection 3 times now - after backing up the entire drive, uninstalling all previous versions of CS, used the cleaner tool, installed redepic importer after the install. I've been working on this for days now. This really is frustrating.

I know Todd Kopriva works for Adobe, any update on this Todd?
    Charlie Grinnell

As I said earlier in this thread, we have tracked down one cause of this problem, and I give the solution here:
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4040763#4040763

If you're hitting this issue, please bring it to the Adobe forum, since we have a much easier time focusing our testers' attention on threads over there than we do over here on the RED forum.

One crucial thing tho check is whether there are other features that aren't being installed/loaded properly. Specifically, check to see whether you also are mising the AVCHD sequence presets. The problem, as I understand it, is that some protected codecs and related items are not being installed/loaded correctly because the licensing system is mistakenly not activating them. The AVCHD codecs and presets are in the same bundle as the RED codecs and presets, so a failure of one should coincide with a failure of the other. If you're seeing the AVCHD presets but not the RED ones, then this may be a different problem.

As I said, please bring this issue to the Adobe forum so that we'll have an easier time tracking the issue and concentrating attention on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Kopriva View Post
    As I said earlier in this thread, we have tracked down one cause of this problem, and I give the solution here:

If you're hitting this issue, please bring it to the Adobe forum, since we have a much easier time focusing our testers' attention on threads over there than we do over here on the RED forum.

One crucial thing tho check is whether there are other features that aren't being installed/loaded properly. Specifically, check to see whether you also are mising the AVCHD sequence presets. The problem, as I understand it, is that some protected codecs and related items are not being installed/loaded correctly because the licensing system is mistakenly not activating them. The AVCHD codecs and presets are in the same bundle as the RED codecs and presets, so a failure of one should coincide with a failure of the other. If you're seeing the AVCHD presets but not the RED ones, then this may be a different problem.

As I said, please bring this issue to the Adobe forum so that we'll have an easier time tracking the issue and concentrating attention on it.
    Thanks for the response. I am not running a machine on New Zealand time as I am in North America, thats why I asked the question again. I will create a thread there and see if it is answered.
    Charlie Grinnell

Hi Todd,

I saw this post, but I'm not in New Zealand (Canada), but perhaps it's just a time change that is applicable here. More importantly, I'm on a Mac and not sure how to do this on a mac. Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Kopriva View Post

Also Todd, I do not see the AVCHD sequence presets, as you point out.

I'm having the same problem here.

This kind of issues is making me use FCP7 still here.

I wonder if Vegas is any better?

Here's a thread in which this issue is discussed some more, and a different fix is mentioned:
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4068418#4068418

The thread says to delete the following file -

It was HD>Library>Adobe PCD>Cache> cache.db file.

Anyone find this on their mac? There are cache.db files for a number of programs but can't see one for Premier.