Thread: Scarlet SN#1034/SO 1605 in Tahoe

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Scarlet SN#1034/SO 1605 in Tahoe 
    SO 1605 landed in Tahoe today. SN#1034. Psyched!

Got Redmote, Waiting on my Side Handle & the WC AB Plate/Quickback, so I'm tethered to the AC power.

Leica R set look great on the cam, but FYI the Wooden Camera LW 15 clamps stick out so far that I had to put my FF on the right side of cam. Not the biggest deal but I'm used to rocking it with my left hand.

RedMote is pretty sweet, was able to switch video output to HDMI w/ menus to allow me to use the SmallHD DP4.

Dane_RED Scarlet_LeicaLenses by Dane Henry, on Flickr
    -Dane Henry
    danehenrydigital.com
    deeprootsmedia.com
    Weapon 6K - Gemini - Leica R Set 19mm to 180mm
    recent stuff

Dane could you take your happiness up one more notch? I dont see enough enthusiam :) Enjoy

Tahoe?

Congrats, Dane ... You are now officially responsible for all nightclub and ski slope test footage.
    Peter Matthes
    NYC based Producer, DGA AD, PM, AC
    Epic-Dragon #2404 "Robin Hood"
    Scarlet-X #476 "Manhattan"
    Red Pro Primes 18-300mm, Bartech/F-Stop/Heden Digital Follow Focus, O'Connor 2575D, Arriflex MMB-1, Elements Mantis
    REDucation at Abel Cine Tech NY - January 2014

The Wolves Den
    Pen & Inc.

Congratulation! Mmmm...Leica lenses. Looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Matthes View Post
    Tahoe?

Congrats, Dane ... You are now officially responsible for all nightclub and ski slope test footage.
    You know it! Shooting the 15th and 18th for a nightlife/apres spot for Heavenly Mt Resort. No snow to shoot, all man made, has only snowed twice up here in Tahoe... :(
    -Dane Henry
    danehenrydigital.com
    deeprootsmedia.com
    recent stuff

No kidding Dane,

We were just up there last week shooting on our Scarlet, and Epic. The snow was scarce.

I'm based out of Folsom, CA at the moment. Good to know there are other Scarlet users and Red users alike in the area!
    Albert Frates
    208 249 8911
    Stereographer, Post Production Supervisor, Workflow Consultant

Dane, very cool that you got your scarlet. I have a Leica set as well and you've got a nice rig, could you list the parts? That would be great.

is that a VF bottom plate?
    and Red top plate?

also, which model is that chroziel? and which step down adaptor do you use?

Thanks so much.
    Cheers.
    Leica 24/2.8 - 35/2 - 50/2 - 60/2.8 - 80/1.4 - 135/2.8

Scarlet #1782 "Juli"

"RedMote is pretty sweet, was able to switch video output to HDMI w/ menus to allow me to use the SmallHD DP4."

Sorry, Don't have my camera yet so I'm not sure how this works, but after reading the manual, I was under the impression that the HDMI feed was only a PREVIEW feed that did not include menu read outs. I have a DP4 as well and have been curious to see how it works with menu items. Is there something special about the redmote that allows these reading to appear through HDMI?

- Brian
    Last edited by Brian Liepe; 02-07-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: messed up the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Leite View Post
    Dane, very cool that you got your scarlet. I have a Leica set as well and you've got a nice rig, could you list the parts? That would be great.

is that a VF bottom plate?
    and Red top plate?

also, which model is that chroziel? and which step down adaptor do you use?
    The RED Tactical Top Plate, WC Nato Rail, RED Top Handle
    2 RED Ribs and DSMC Left Adapter
    WC Riser with 15mm LW - Since you have leica, if you are wanting to use an FF you may want to see if the VF or Red LW 15mm bracket is slimmer. I may look into that B/c I'm not a fan of using the right hand on the FF.
    the NEW RRmicro Blue FF mini...this is hands downs so much better than the old version, super smooth with great backlash adjustment
    Choziel MB 450, with the 450-22 rubber ring. I highly recommend this ring, rubber hole grips to lenses, no hastle to get it over the lens either http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes
    Still need to send the Leicas to Duclos but I need them for a few shoots this month...hard to let them go :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Liepe View Post
    "RedMote is pretty sweet, was able to switch video output to HDMI w/ menus to allow me to use the SmallHD DP4."

Sorry, Don't have my camera yet so I'm not sure how this works, but after reading the manual, I was under the impression that the HDMI feed was only a PREVIEW feed that did not include menu read outs. I have a DP4 as well and have been curious to see how it works with menu items. Is there something special about the redmote that allows these reading to appear through HDMI?

- Brian
    Yep, you just change the HDMI output to Menus. It works great, I'm a huge fan of the DP4...although having an HDMI cable hanging off this thing is a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Frates View Post
    No kidding Dane,

We were just up there last week shooting on our Scarlet, and Epic. The snow was scarce.

I'm based out of Folsom, CA at the moment. Good to know there are other Scarlet users and Red users alike in the area!
    Yep, sad days here in Tahoe :(

-Dane
    -Dane Henry
    danehenrydigital.com
    deeprootsmedia.com
    recent stuff

Hey Dane I really appreciate it! Massive thanks.
    I'll check tha Chroziel mattebox and rubber ring out. I'm still considering the RR mini blue, I also like the o-focus dm.
    Yeah it must be hard to have the scarlet in your hands and have those leica lenses sent away for a few days.
    Cheers.
    Leica 24/2.8 - 35/2 - 50/2 - 60/2.8 - 80/1.4 - 135/2.8

Scarlet #1782 "Juli"