Thread: Lone Star Red Users Group

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Lone Star Red Users Group 
    Hi Fellow Texans/Red Shooters --

My name's John Aldrich, and I'm an instructor at the Austin School of Film as well as a producer/editor/Scarlet X owner. I attended Reducation in December, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and have been thinking of a way to spread some knowledge and build up a Red Community here in Texas. I think it'd be beneficial to everyone to know who some of our fellow Red Owners/Users are, demo techniques and gear, and show footage.

So I'd like to propose this: a Lone Star Red Users Group, meeting once or twice a year in Austin/Houston/Dallas/SA etc and do just that -- check out techniques, look at gear, check out footage and generally get to know who else is out there shooting Red (because you never know when you might need another shooter, no?).

If there's enough interest, I'm happy to try and organize something for April or May (after SX madness has died down here), and try and persuade the good folks at Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin to let us use a theatre (and 4K projector) for a Saturday morning or similar for a meeting.

If you're game, PM me or post here and I'll start to build up a mailing list and some sort of event notification system when/if it happens. And please post if you've got ideas for a meeting. I've already contacted Ryan @ Wooden Camera about demoing some of his gear, and a few others about showing footage etc. but am open for suggestions.

Best,

John

Count me in.

Count me in. I think I know most of the Red One guys in town and it would be fun to meet the new guys.

Dusty

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do about putting this in motion and will send out another email/PM round when there's something to report. Feel free to share, and let's try and include HOU/DFW/SA etc if we can.

Count me in. I teach filmmaking at Univ. of North Texas in Denton. Just got my Scarlet.
    Eugene Martin

+1. Love to do it.

I've been known to wander down into your fine state from Oklahoma from time-to-time... would love to know about any meetups.

I would like to join you guys...would love to meet up

Great idea! Would appreciate the opportunity to meet y'all, learn and drool over some 4k footage on the big screen.
    Turned in my RED ONE MX #74, waiting on my EPIC X!
    James Burgess
    Director DP Editor
    Dallas

vimeo.com/34814131 GO THE DISTANCE
    vimeo.com/26722677 ACE WONDER trailer
    vimeo.com/24032134 ELEVENTH HOUR trailer