Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED OLPF Port Bushing

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Dittert View Post
    Take a black sharpie and black it out. It's better than that paint.
    dont do this!

digitalfx.tv

The RGBlog- Ramblings about Cameras, VFX, etc.
    Twitter

Red One #83
    Epic-M #98 and #240
    Epic-X #83 and #116

New cameras are getting the OLPF fix, but the transition was very recent and depending on when your camera was allocated, may or may not have it. If you don't have it, email OLPF@RED.COM with your shipping info, camera serial number, etc.. They will put you in the queue. That black sharpie is a bad idea.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

will RED install this for us in our EPIC-M cams when they are returned for the heat sink upgrade?

Just confirming I have the round bent corner as shown above. However my "guard" appears to be not matte black but of the similar material as the OPLF .

Update arhhh...... this is the reflection of the sensor onto the guard . So it appears I do have it. camera no 1010

They probably will Meryem, but who knows when that upgrade will happen... I'm guessing at the point when they're done with all the Stage3/3.5 cameras coming in so they don't have to juggle another thousand or two people sending in cameras until they're ready.

RED will mail you the port bushings (and instructions) for free and it's really simple to put in, you do have to be careful around the sensor/OLPF though. I'd be happy to help if you want. :)
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Excuse my ingnorance, but what is olpf bushing? I assume olpf stands for: Optica Low Pass Filter, but what is the busshing? What is it for? When was it adressed?

Thanks very much.

Just checked my #0793 scarlet and the OLPF bushing is flat black.

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    will RED install this for us in our EPIC-M cams when they are returned for the heat sink upgrade?
    Yup, M cameras returned for upgrade will be taken care of.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Prata View Post
    Excuse my ingnorance, but what is olpf bushing? I assume olpf stands for: Optica Low Pass Filter, but what is the busshing? What is it for? When was it adressed?

Thanks very much.
    The interior sides of the mount chamber in front of the OLPF has shiny metallic finish that causes flare that many have found disturbing. RED has heard the customers and released the "Flare Gard". If you look inside your camera's mount chamber and it looks like in the picture I have posted (the flare guard is the matte black sides marked by the green lines and held in place with the bent black metal) - you are already taken care of. If, however, these walls have still shiny metallic finish - please contact your bomb rep who will discuss with you the options (either having one temp shipped to you, or having one fixed at RED next time your camera "calls home")...

Peter
    You don't need eyes to see, You need a vision!
    www.petermajtan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Prata View Post

Thanks very much.
    It kicks up the 4D3D3D3.