Thread: Sissy Boy Short Film

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Sissy Boy Short Film 
    Here's a trailer showing the first thing I ever shot on my Scarlet about 6 months ago...(corrupt frames and all hehe ;) A dark film about bullying written and directed by Cameron McCulloch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VxXv...ature=youtu.be

The opening shot was super fun, we used a cherry picker :)

I've also just finished shooting an Australian feature film: www.onlytheyoungdiegood.com.au but sadly we started principal photography before I got my Scarlet. Really looking forward to this coming out early 2013!! :)

And finally, next year I'll be shooting a bush-ranger film, again feature length. The script is awesome and there is potential for me to get really creative with the shoot. I'm not posting all this to brag, but I did want to state the obvious, that I'm learning SO MUCH on every shoot. Not just about crew relationships, communication and pressure, but also about lighting. I look at Only the Young Die Good and wish I could re-shoot the whole thing, knowing what I know now hehe. We had zero budget for lights though, so mostly was shot with 2 x 800w open faced tungsten and that's it! Anyway, I'm loving this industry more and more, and look forward to shooting films with a budget..that's the dream!

Matt

Looks nice. My suggestion is that you add another 20% more contrast overall -- drop the mids, drop the blacks, and make it more dramatic and crunchy. To my eye -- and I'm judging by web video, which is often dicey -- is that it feels a little "thin" to me. But the color is good, the camera moves are good, the editing is good, and it tells the story.
    www.colorbymarc.com | colorist / post-production consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    Looks nice. My suggestion is that you add another 20% more contrast overall -- drop the mids, drop the blacks, and make it more dramatic and crunchy. To my eye -- and I'm judging by web video, which is often dicey -- is that it feels a little "thin" to me. But the color is good, the camera moves are good, the editing is good, and it tells the story.
    Haha...yep, I agree with the color (trust me, I asked if it was finished)...I was DOP and don't have any involvement in post for this one. Thanks for the feedback though, ill pass it on to Cam :)