Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NYC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Charleston, SC
    ARE there tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonChristensen View Post
    Is there tutorials on declicking?

I'd love to do it to my rokinon's.
    Scarlet-X #1840

The tutorials would need to be lens specific, even different lenses from one manufacturer might need different procedures. Here are two examples:

Declicking Canon FD lenses :
    http://jag35.com/new/blog/removing-a...-of-fd-lenses/

Declicking Leica:
    http://leitax.com/conversion/leica/e...cam/index.html
    Regards,

Uli

My Red is called Vertov after a Russian avantgarde filmmaker, a pioneer in modern cinematography, a true revolutionary who later suffered under Stalin's bureaucracy.

NYC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Charleston, SC
    Price lists as received today from Prime Circle. Sorry about the size...I was constrained by the upload size limit. Let me know if there's a way to get around that or you can PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send the originals.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Arnold F.; 03-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    Scarlet-X #1840

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold F. View Post
    Sorry about the size...I was constrained by the upload size limit. Let me know if there's a way to get around that or you can PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send the originals.
    I think you can upload them on Flickr and embed the pictures right into the post.
    "Production value!"

Yeah, I've declicked both my Nikon AI-S lenses and my ZFs. The only lens that gave me trouble was my 105mm 2.5 Nikon. Otherwise, you slowly unscrew the mount, pull it off, and pull off the aperture ring. Either it's basically de-clicked at that very moment (ZFs) or you unscrew a tiny little piece of metal from the body (Nikons) and they are de-clicked. I wouldn't mess with zoom lenses without reading a tutorial, but the primes really are childs play.

JT
    Justin Talley
    JTalleyDP.com

Epic-X #???? - "Mind.Head"

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Talley View Post
    Yeah, I've declicked both my Nikon AI-S lenses and my ZFs. The only lens that gave me trouble was my 105mm 2.5 Nikon. Otherwise, you slowly unscrew the mount, pull it off, and pull off the aperture ring. Either it's basically de-clicked at that very moment (ZFs) or you unscrew a tiny little piece of metal from the body (Nikons) and they are de-clicked. I wouldn't mess with zoom lenses without reading a tutorial, but the primes really are childs play.

JT
    did you lubricate your Nikons aperture ring or was taking out the little piece of metal enough?

No lubricant, just removing that piece of plastic does it.
    Justin Talley
    JTalleyDP.com

Epic-X #???? - "Mind.Head"

I've seen and played around with those sweet Prime Circle lenses earlier today, and talked to the guy who actually designed them.
    I'm not a huge fan of DSLRs, but these lenses are definitely interesting. They are Zeiss lenses modded and re-housed. They have a user inter-changeable lens mount (Canon/Nikon), a VERY solid metal housing, and they have focus scale and aperture ring turned 90 to camera left, i.e. to the operator/assistant side. A very easy and elegant solution for Assistants/Focus Pullers who have cursed DSLR and non-cine lenses since the very beginning of that "revolution".
    They looked better than CP2s to my eye, though I didn't test a whole set in proper conditions, but the fact that one of the biggest rental houses in LA has already ordered 20 complete sets of those says something about them. Prices are very, very interesting and waiting time to delivery is expected to be around 4 weeks.
    I'm not incredibly happy to work with DSLRs, but these lenses would definitely make a job easier (and as far as I can tell, better, "image quality"-wise).

Just my 2€cents...

Which rental house?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

http://benscott.info

2014 'Narrative' Clipreel https://vimeo.com/84756578

Red Scarlet X #1732 'Leeloo'

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    Which rental house?
    Sorry, not sure I'm allowed to say.