Well my friends, it’s taken a while to get this organized, but our new online course for the Epic and Scarlet is now open.
A lot of the design of this course was due to all of you, so a big “thank you” is in order. There’s a lot to cover, but we’re not going to do it all at once.. Let’s just do the bullet points for now:
- The basic membership is $28.95 per month. Each term is 3 months long.
- There are currently about 14 videos online for the Epic and Scarlet. This is already ½ as many as we had for the RED101, and we’re just warming up.
- We’ll release at LEAST one per week. By the end of your first membership, we’ll have 30 or more.. RED101 had 33.
- For those of you who prefer DVDs, if we waited for the camera to be far enough along to make a DVD, we’d be waiting another 15-18 months… Too long.
- Our accessory program is going to be 100x better than it was for the RED101. You will see the results of this in one week. In fact, we have an item we will feature that is SO COOL you will love it. Our members will have 3-4 days to pre order it before anyone else, and there will be a discount that will cover 90% of your first term’s cost. How about that?! (More will come on this later). I hope to do something like this every couple months.
- As per your request. We will now also be including software tutorials. We will cover REDCine X Pro top bottom. Also DaVinci, Adobe, etc.
- ALL TUTORIALS made by us will be downloadable. (That’s 98% of them)
- We will have “Guest Instructors” people who are experts in their field and have cool tutorials to share.. These may also be available in other places, but we’ll host them as well so you don’t have to go searching for them (These will be in ADDIITON to our weekly updates).
- The RED101 will be updated online for those that need to learn it. You can get a membership that gives you access to all three cameras. That cost $36.95 per month. We had hoped to include it, but right now that’s not possible. Bummer.
You can sign up at www.infotechacademy.net
We will be covering all levels of experience. The online program allows us the freedom to evolve with the camera, and our members.. It's going to be a lot more rewarding than a DVD.. For all of us.
You will be able to suggest tutorials and we will most likely follow those suggestions. After all, we work for you.
Ok. So that’s the short of it. My thanks to Jim, Jarred, Ted, and everyone at RED who is always so supportive. Also a special shout to Jason! We’ll have a more formal space to announce stuff from later.. But I wanted to throw this out for now..