Hey guys, I'm on a shoot, everything going just fine, then, all of a sudden, the HD-SDI stopped working. What I did:
- tried different cables (tested cables on second EPIC)
- tried different monitors (again, tested with the other EPIC - all working)
- tried installing different firmwares (2.0.5., 2.0.8., 3.0.0.)
Anything else I can do? Anybody else experienced the HD-SDI failing?
What I had on the camera:
- ActionProducts TopPlate (works fine, is now on the replacement EPIC. Also tried connecting the cable directly to the camera), Electra
- SmallHD DP-6
- Ambient Clockit ACL 201 via SYNC to ActionProducts TopPlate
Other than that, nothing that could potentionally interfere - Wireless FF to AB, IDX video transmitter.
The AC's on set suspect the Clockit to have burned the HD-SDI, although I don't see how that could've happened. Is the SYNC port in any way connected to the BNC?
I already filed a support ticket but I'm waiting for an answer. Sent the log file etc., but I really need to get that camera going again asap. If I need to send it back to RED, I need to know.
ok so in short:
- any idea what I can try to get HD-SDI to work again?
- can a Clockit somehow damage the HD-SDI?