Thread: Fs - Set of LOMO Anamorphic roundfront F = 35,50,75,100 - NEW , PL mout , ARRI gear

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    All of my glass is OCT19 and will remain as such. It's a stronger mount than PL and if you can just adapt camera-side then... it's a waste of money to convert 20 lenses. Also, some of these lenses protrude past the flange just too far. If you have an Epic you're OK; if you have a camera with a spinning mirror you might be in trouble. This is the case with the 22mm lens. It's A-OK on some cameras, not others. It won't fit a MCSA for instance, or a Kinor. It fits an Epic snug as a bug in a rug. I knew this going in and I was fine with it; it's fairly common knowledge if you keep abreast of things and do a bit of homework before you buy. The homework I did NOT do I'm kicking myself over... and over and over.

I'll tell ya, there are a few dots here I'd like to connect with my boot... LOL!

Mr Ali... how is your situation going? I'm really curious about this.

Andy, I love that avatar... where on Internet did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Esten View Post
    Andy, I love that avatar... where on Internet did you find it?
    Made it myself from a video grab of a TV program I saw - featuring a masked wrestling Dude and eating contests. As soon as I saw the guy, I knew he would become my Avatar :)

I bought this set off sergey, it's well documented on Reduser what a terrible time i had getting them, and the condition they were in when i received them He was also banned from here and dvxuser. Buying lenses is always a minefield unless you can see them yourself before purchase. Sometimes it's a trust thing and having a third party inspect them. I recently purchased a set of 6 lenses from a seller on reduser, i was assured they had been babied and i received emails from his lens tech on how well they had been serviced. So i purchased them, when i received them the 18mm had about 10mm of backlash on the focus ring and the 24mm also. The 18mm took a huge amount of heating and work to open it up, which tells me that it had not been serviced properly for a good while. Mt lens tech is a top guy, and i mean top, here in the UK. He knows his stuff. All the lenses needed some work to bring them up to spec, but the 18mm and 24mm needed significant amounts of work. There was no way on gods earth that these lenses could be used without noticing these problems. When i contacted the seller i was basically accused of causing the problems even though the minute they landed on my doorstep via fedex i sent a small video of the problems. I was then told that i bought used lenses with no warranty implied. This was from a well respected member of reduser, and he basically stuffed me. Trust no one, even the good guys.
    EPIC DRAGON / RED MX / ALEXA .

"If you want to be free just be free, do not ask anyone.
    You must have a hypothesis of your own fate and follow it without submitting yourself and by ignoring the circumstances". Andrei Tarkovsky.

He's still selling lenses....someone needs to put a stop to this.

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=62386
    EPIC DRAGON / RED MX / ALEXA .

"If you want to be free just be free, do not ask anyone.
    You must have a hypothesis of your own fate and follow it without submitting yourself and by ignoring the circumstances". Andrei Tarkovsky.