Red Paint Films (Sam Gordon and myself, Ambarish Manepalli) have received our Scarlet a few weeks ago and wanted to give back a bit from our experiences in Paris.
Thanks to David Blair and the ParisFilmCrew Meetup group, we are doing a workshop of Red, specifically Scarlet, workflows.
In a hope to Reducate (couldn't help myself :), and also meet and learn from others!
The Meetup will take place in Paris on Friday, April 20th in the evening at 7:30pm. We plan on going for about 3 hours (probably shorter, we shall see).
Limited to 30 people for space reasons.
It's Free, but drinks for the organizers are much appreciated !
The location will be released if you join Meetup and RSVP - there is food available at the location for those who eat during those hours.
The workflow will include basically everything a 1 or 2 or 5 person band need to make a film with a Red camera.
This is just our method (and I know there are many out there, so much respect to all redusers)
We're gearing this workshop for the beginner/intermediate producer, DP, etc: those who have cut their teeth using video cameras and DSLR's and who want to learn more (scale up) to the RED workflow.
We feel that this workflow is scalable to the Epic and the still awesome Red One.
We are NOT covering 4k delivery as that is beyond our capabilities, and should be done through a proper post house who understand Red workflow.
BUT we are showing what works for us to deliver a full, mind-blowing HD file (not quite 2k, right?) which is plenty for everything besides theatrical (web, broadcast etc.)
- Importantly, we are in no way affiliated with any of the wonderful RED or 3rd party products that we use, our words are our own, and we are not a mouthpiece for anyone but ourselves and our own experience.
We hope to share from what we have learned and learn ourselves.
Friday April 20th, Paris at 7:30
A Red Workflow Workshop - Shoot, Edit, Raw (it's easier than you think)
1) Introduction to us, Red Paint Films and the camera
- The Red R3D raw system
- Advantages (RAW!)
2) Basic Camera Setup
- Building it
- Various setups for varying degrees of complexity
3) Shooting a simple scene (two people at a table, plus a server perhaps)
4) Ingesting the footage
5) RCX and Premiere Pro workflow. We'll also talk about ways to get the files into Final Cut and other NLE's.
6) DaVinci Resolve quick setup and grade (optional, but important step if time and money allows)
7) Outputting and finishing in Full HD or 2k (Adobe Media encoder, and some other options... heck MPEG streamclip as a free option as well!)
8) Premiering Red Paint Productions inaugural film
A bit more about us and our kit
Scarlet X #930 - Ken
One of our previous collaborations
Get out of Bed - http://bit.ly/I4M4KC
feature film in development