Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red Cine X pro Wont export the way I adjust!!!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Cine X pro Wont export the way I adjust!!! 
    Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for now 3 months, and I know that there is a thread somewhere that probably explains this but I couldnt find it, so here is my question why in the hell I cant export from redcine x pro the way I adjust my look in redcine x (once exported it looks nothing like the way it looks in redcine x pro) , for example i set my contrast, curves, unsharp mask, and everything looks great at 1/4 (which is another confusint part that I dont get) but when i bring it to full it looks soft again sharpness that was created by ''unsharp mask'' gets over ride at least that is what it seems like. And the second confusing part is when it comes to exporting, I dont know what am i doing wrong but I dont get even close to image that looks in redcine x pro display window when I export the god damn thing. Its frustrating and if someone can help me, I can sleep good tonight. And where is the proress 4444 that you all have been talking about, all I have is apple prorress 422 and 422hq,

Thanks,
    Create and Illustrate

Please, for the love of god, post in the correct part of the forum....

There is a REDCINE-X section of the forum.

Hopefully a moderator will move this so you don't have to re-post.

Thanks

For the love of God Wow man, there are hundreds of threads here that should be could be somewhere else and you had come in here tell me this, Hah.

SORRY for posting in the wrong section, I apologize.
    Last edited by jan meric; 04-14-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Create and Illustrate

I noticed a similar thing the other day using the unsharp mask when I exported a TIFF from the image. Onscreen it looked stunning in rcx, but it got lost on the export and looked quite 'normal'.

It's cool, just post the exact same thing again in the same section of the forum. That's awesome

I know what you are doing wrong Jan, besides posting this twice in the Scarlet section.

When fine tuning your sharpening settings you should turn on full debayer and view at 100% so you can really see what you are doing.

I'm a PC guy and can't really help you with your ProRes question. I work more with EXR, DPX, etc...
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

7.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #7  
    3 unique issues...

Quote Originally Posted by jan meric View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for now 3 months, and I know that there is a thread somewhere that probably explains this but I couldnt find it, so here is my question why in the hell I cant export from redcine x pro the way I adjust my look in redcine x (once exported it looks nothing like the way it looks in redcine x pro)
    Make sure you are using the latest REDCINE-X PRO build 12. There were issues with older builds and the use Redline export preset option where the RMD's (look data) weren't being used on export. If you are on an older build it might be useful to just check if you have that option enabled, and try disabling it.

If you are on the latest build and still having the issue please enable verbose logging, get the issue to occur and then save a report from the help menu and send it to me at (redcinex at red dot com).

Other than that.. it could potentially be a workflow issue, if you are only using the browser and not bins, etc.

, for example i set my contrast, curves, unsharp mask, and everything looks great at 1/4 (which is another confusint part that I dont get) but when i bring it to full it looks soft again sharpness that was created by ''unsharp mask'' gets over ride at least that is what it seems like.
    This is probably something I can trouble shoot with you better over email. (redcinex at red dot com)

And where is the proress 4444 that you all have been talking about, all I have is apple prorress 422 and 422hq, ,
    If Pro Res 444 doesn't show up in your quicktime codec pull down then you don't have it installed on your machine as it does not come with REDCINE-X.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Meeks View Post
    It's cool, just post the exact same thing again in the same section of the forum. That's awesome

I come with Peace
    Create and Illustrate

I know you do but the scarlet section is getting crazy. Everybody is posting here about everything !
    Not helpful at all ! Guys, please post the right topics in the right section of the forum like we always used to do !
    142 FILMES

Scarlet X 2431 "Pazuzu"

142filmes.prosite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Philipe Ratton View Post
    I know you do but the scarlet section is getting crazy. Everybody is posting here about everything !
    Not helpful at all ! Guys, please post the right topics in the right section of the forum like we always used to do !
    I am new to this forum, and I understand that, I even apologized, but I just dont see how beating a dead horse going to help my question, point is taken post it in the right section no need anyone else to tell me that. Already been told.
    Create and Illustrate