Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Camera Firmware + RCX Pro Build 13 beta (includes RED player and Photoshop Plugin )

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Limberg View Post
    Photoshop plugin can be downloaded here: https://www.red.com/downloads?release=beta

Once it's installed, you can open R3Ds with photoshop through the File->Open dialog.
    ah thanks. For some reason I thought it was part and parcel to the new RedCineX download.
    Los Angeles

AF in the 3.0.6 build is a stellar improvement to already impressive accuracy and speed. My Canon 24-70 seemed to be my slowest AF lens with the greatest amount of "search" before, and now it's noticeably faster. My 70-200, and Tokina 11-16 continue to operate wonderfully with Scarlet's AF capabilities.

Phenomenal stuff that adds to time saved. Keep up the great work gentleman of RED, I can't wait to see where the builds are a year from now, these things add great freedom to creativity!
    -Drew

andersonDboyd@yahoo.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2326768/

SCARLET-X #840

FCP 7 & X - AVID MC 6 - Premiere CS5 - DaVinci Resolve 8 - RedCineX Pro

Can't install beta 13. I'm on 10.5.8 and "old" Macbook 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo
    Shame

I'm seeing a bug in RCX 13 where viewing through rocket, the still store plays out through rocket, but I can't disable it and if I hit play it plays the clip the still was from, not the clip I was currently viewing.

Tim
    Local 600 DIT
    My Personal Portfolio:
    www.sutherlandprojects.com

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco View Post
    Can't install beta 13. I'm on 10.5.8 and "old" Macbook 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo
    Shame
    We've figured out what the problem is thanks to the email you sent to redcinex at red dot com and will have a fix out shortly for you.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by fALk Gärtner View Post
    and what the "lens auto-detect" feature? sounds intriguing - Camera is out for rental right now can´t check :/
    In previous versions the camera always attempted to auto-detect the PL mount lens. This was traced to some of the forum posts reporting audio-ticking in the recorded/monitored audio stream. We've now defaulted the lens auto-detect feature to OFF, but have provided the ability to manually detect a PL mount lens or enable the auto-detect in the advanced lens menu. This menu will only be present when there is a PL mount installed on the camera.
    -- Matthew Biederman

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Larney View Post
    "Fixed black shading problems at non-default exposure times"

This is awesome if it is what I think it is..
    You should now be able to black shade at any exposure time. In previous versions, running black shading at a shutter faster than 1/48th failed for several Scarlet and Epic users.
    -- Matthew Biederman

Hey Red Team,

Just wondering I've installed the new firmware and I'm not seeing some of the improvements mentioned in Jarred's first post. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the descriptions properly?

1) Fixed duplicated columns in 5K playback - I'm on a bomb EVF and am still getting a scrolling picture when I go into playback mode in the EVF and have to un-plug-replug to reset it?
    2) Fixed presets to enable menus on HD-SDI monitors - shouldn't I be able to navigate my menu's now using say a Small HD monitor over HD-SDI?

Thanks...
    info@adamhowden.com
    http://adamhowden.com/
    Twitter: @adamhowden

Red Epic-X Dragon, Arri Ultra Primes (16,24,32,50,85 & 135mm), Oconnor CFF-1, Sachtler Cine 30HD, Panasonic 17", Panasonic 21.5", Element Technica Mantis, Small HD.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Howden View Post
    Hey Red Team,

Just wondering I've installed the new firmware and I'm not seeing some of the improvements mentioned in Jarred's first post. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the descriptions properly?

1) Fixed duplicated columns in 5K playback - I'm on a bomb EVF and am still getting a scrolling picture when I go into playback mode in the EVF and have to un-plug-replug to reset it?
    2) Fixed presets to enable menus on HD-SDI monitors - shouldn't I be able to navigate my menu's now using say a Small HD monitor over HD-SDI?

Thanks...
    1) The scrolling issue is not resolved in 3.0.6, the bugfix note is referring to a different problem.
    2) From the release notes: Disabled OSD for HD-SDI 720p > 30fps .. The UI will be available if you choose a refresh rate lower than 30 Hz in the monitor set-up menu. This release allows you to run at the non-standard SDI rates we had enabled in previous builds.

I can confirm that both of the above issues will be fixed in the next major release.
    -- Matthew Biederman

Thanks for clarifying Matt,

So are you saying that if I change my monitor output to 720p 25Hz (I'm in PAL land) that I should get a live update of what menu function I'm in, on the Small HD over HD-SDI?
    info@adamhowden.com
    http://adamhowden.com/
    Twitter: @adamhowden

Red Epic-X Dragon, Arri Ultra Primes (16,24,32,50,85 & 135mm), Oconnor CFF-1, Sachtler Cine 30HD, Panasonic 17", Panasonic 21.5", Element Technica Mantis, Small HD.