Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Nikon Mount Aluminum and Titanium

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Hmm... time to think about if I should invest in Nikons ...
    Something witty this way comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Friday View Post
    Jarred,
    is your Nikon mount Electronic AND Manual? or only Electronic?....will we have manual Iris control if we want it...controlled by a gear? or will it be via side handle wheel electronically?
    Most (or all?) G and D lenses have a toggle switch for auto or manual focus, but the iris of G lenses has to be electronically controlled without the aid of an adapter a la the Optitek mount.

Edit: and the Red Nikon mount has electronic control for both iris and focus, if I'm correctly informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    Hmm... time to think about if I should invest in Nikons ...
    Have been busy building a really nice set of Nikkor AI-S primes. Beautiful Lenses, built to last, and relatively cheap. 7 primes (cinemoded) + the Aluminum mount should run just shy of 6K.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Peterson View Post
    Most (or all?) G and D lenses have a toggle switch for auto or manual focus, but the iris of G lenses has to be electronically controlled without the aid of an adapter a la the Optitek mount.

Edit: and the Red Nikon mount has electronic control for both iris and focus, if I'm correctly informed.
    yes, that is understood, but i think Jarred knows what i mean---something like OptiTek Mount where you have manual control over IRIS with iris ring....but then with an electronic option....this is what i had meant....and i believe Jarred talked about this option being a possibility.
    Johnny Friday
    La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
    www.bajaproductions.com

RED UNDERWATER 2D & 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Haban View Post
    Have been busy building a really nice set of Nikkor AI-S primes. Beautiful Lenses, built to last, and relatively cheap. 7 primes (cinemoded) + the Aluminum mount should run just shy of 6K.
    hmpf... sounds good... guess I'll have a look at them. Always liked nikon for their glass. not for their cameras ;)
    Something witty this way comes.

You know how much I have been wanting this ... Thanks Big J....

Peter

Could you specify the differences between the 2 mounts or is it "just" the material?

Cheers
    Thomas.
    FOOTAGE ONLINE - resource for UHD, HD and RED stock footage - on facebook
    production unit: www.departmentstudios.de

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    It really should be.. with the extra motors and bits its a pretty complicated little guy.

Can I order one now before the price goes up? :-)

Can I assume you have characterized the 14-24 zoom, it is probably the best wide angle we've ever seen (well maybe master 14, but I can't even afford to rent it :-) )
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Can I assume you have characterized the 14-24 zoom, it is probably the best wide angle we've ever seen (well maybe master 14, but I can't even afford to rent it :-) )
    "Can't even afford to rent it." Quote of the year. Hilarious.

This is fantastic news, I really thought the Nikon mounts would carry more of a premium over the Canon ones. Thanks again, RED, you continue to take care of your customers!
    Scarlet-X DRAGON #64