Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Please don't use DHL

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey Colin, same story here with DHL in Canada (Montreal). Took me 2 complete days of going around customs and DHL to finally get my package returned from RED repair. Here's my Tweet that day:
    https://twitter.com/#!/frederic_ca/s...881152/photo/1

Hope this helps the case for RED not to use them anymore. Worst experience in a long time.
    Frédéric Chamberland
    steadicam PRO/GPI owner/operator, RED EPIC/ ARRI ALEXA owner,
    http://www.frederic.ca

IATSE, SOA, AQTIS

Glad to hear I'm not the only one DHL seems to hate!

Finally seem to have the paperwork sorted out and my side handle will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Though warning to all - they still tried to hit me with a $10 "processing fee" for Canada customs, even though there was no customs work to be done. Since their error delayed my shipment by 4 days the agreed to waive the fee, but it sounds like they're going to try and hit everyone with that extra little hidden fee.

If you've had issues with DHL feel free to chime in! The more the merrier.

Final update - after 2 days of communicating with the DHL brokerage department they finally agreed that taxes did not have to be paid on warranty repair items and because of their error they would waive all the charges. They then sent an email on Wednesday instructing the shipping department to completely remove the COD charge and deliver the package ASAP.

Friday morning the delivery truck shows up and the package has a note on it saying that the full COD charge (GST + fees) must be paid on warranty repair items...

So while the driver waited I printed out the 3 pages of email correspondence that I had with the brokerage department and he let me take the package without paying anything. 5 days late, but hey, at least I got it =)

In my region in Norway DHL is the fastest and most efficient currier. They fly directly to my local airport, and they have always been 2-3 days faster than UPS or FedEX.

From Australia at least DHL has so far been excellent. Sent my evf for upgrade late friday. Arrived in Los Angeles on Sunday.
    Robert Castiglione
    www.neweditionsfilm.com

Same DHL problem in Austria/Europe.
    First they told me they can't deliver because delivery guy cannot collect that big amount (customs duty). I told them it's a warranty repair. 3 phone calls and 2 mails later they finally got it, but ... they have to ensure that the serial number is the correct one.
    The complete friday and monday (including the weekend) has passed - 3 more phone calls - and DHL was not able to take a look at the serial number (those guys who can read digits at DHL are called "OPS"). Tuesday May 1st is holiday, so Wednesday is the next chance ...
    RED RMA is paying for a service call DHL Express, but not touching the package for at least 2 complete days isn't express at all! Taking money for express and delivering slow is fraud!
    Thomas Vecsei
    EPIC-X #2173 "Maria"

happily all my warranty returns to london has been managed via fedex, as well the delivery of my orders up to now... is it new that they have changed over to dhl ??? don't hope so...
    good luck with your shipment... if i can help you out in the meantime with epic-x or scarlet-x gear let me know...

best, norbert
    Norbert Jalitsch / Vienna
    www.dsmworx.at / digital still motion worx

norbert.jalitsch@gmx.at

red epic-x / #02576 "istvan"

Ha, now I am concerned about how it is going to be dealt with by DHL the other end... We shall see.
    Robert Castiglione
    www.neweditionsfilm.com

I've had terrible issues with UPS I don't even want to go into...
    FedEx all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Soderberg View Post
    I've had terrible issues with UPS I don't even want to go into...
    FedEx all the way for me.
    Fedex, Im will start a thread about them. Ordered a cable for 3 weeks ago with next day delivery. I have not got it yet. They even made it vapor so I had to order a new one wich I hope come monday. They don't even want to ship it for free. Costumer care?

Also Fedex don't ship on weekends. DHL i like much more even thoe they have some issues.
    Epic #06696