Thread: ADOBE PREMIERE 6 --- I HAVE NO WORDS ....

Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robino_J View Post
    Thats amazing. May I ask what processor and speed your Mac pro is and what GPUs Yu are using? RR?
    Mac Pro (3.1) 2x2.8GHZ
    OS 10.7.3
    nvidia driver 4.2.7
    24GB RAM
    OWC 240GB SSD (fot the OS and Apps)
    nvidia GT120
    nvidia GTX285
    Red Rocket
    Blackmagic Decklink

The sequence preset I am using is a RED 16:9 23.98fps.

I have been able to successfully play out non-RED footage to broadcast monitor at full frame rate through BM Decklink. If RED footage is in there, it does choke a bit. But I'm still exploring various settings.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

UPDATE: I am able to play R3D out through BM Decklink from within Premiere. The sequence I was trying the other day may have had too many effects or something but currently in a 2 layer sequence with ProRes and R3D and both playing through to my monitor just fine. So, Transmit is sending R3D material through the BM similar to what you would see in Resolve. Keep in mind, I have a Rocket and a powerful GPU. But my system specs are average at best for the Mac Pro.

And I'm playing this in 1/2 res in a 1080 RED Preset

I can also now confirm that on my system I am able to playback 5K FF 23.98 scaled down into a RED 1080 23.98 preset, and play that out through BM with 1/4 res. Playing this back at 1/2 res turns the drop frame indicator yellow (you turn this on under the program window dropdown). Plays back okay, but is dropping frames to do so. This is a single track, no effects. Same results with I/O hardware turned off. So, my initial conclusion is that 5K material will need a much more substantial machine than I have to do any kind of native editing beyond a single track at 1/4 res.

Editing in a 4K or 5K RED preset kills the BM output, so at least in this build I can confirm that there is no playback through Transmit for these full res sequences.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

I am not seeing timecode overlay display as an option other than during editing. Is there a way to have a visual reference of source timecode, even with the playhead parked on a frame? This can be important for verifying timecode match of audio and video sources. Am I just missing it?
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Under Window, Timecode - you now have a separate panel to permanently show TC as big as you like.

There is also an option to overlay TC, but that only engages when you're actively trimming. Check the program menu wing options, it's called "overlay TC during edit". I think it's on by default.

*edit* I also forgot, in the info panel, you'll get TC for each track stacked on top of each other, this is probably more useful to you for the video/audio case you just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Renczes View Post
    Under Window, Timecode - you now have a separate panel to permanently show TC as big as you like.

There is also an option to overlay TC, but that only engages when you're actively trimming. Check the program menu wing options, it's called "overlay TC during edit". I think it's on by default.

*edit* I also forgot, in the info panel, you'll get TC for each track stacked on top of each other, this is probably more useful to you for the video/audio case you just mentioned.
    Great, thanks Wil!
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Now you can legitimately download CS6 software.

You can order CS6 Production Premium here: http://adobe.ly/CCProd ... or try it free for 30 days: http://adobe.ly/In5IR5

any difference with this and that trial from last week?

edit: yes, it says 1.0.6 last week and 1.1 now.

I have no official comment on software downloaded before it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Kopriva View Post
    Now you can legitimately download CS6 software.

You can order CS6 Production Premium here: http://adobe.ly/CCProd ... or try it free for 30 days: http://adobe.ly/In5IR5
    Downloading now! Excited and scared at the same time..

Hi Todd,

I realize this may be beyond what you are able to answer. I'm in Australia - have pre-ordered a creative cloud subscription - yet when I log in to check my orders all I can see is an estimated availability date of the 11th May? Any clues as to what might be going on? Are cloud-subscriptions delayed in when they are able to start downloading?
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au
    Scarlet-X: #308