Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Real camera tests...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Real camera tests... 
    Monday June 4th.

Every camera company is invited to RED Studios Hollywood for a comprehensive camera test.

Each company can bring their own cameras and techs to supervise the testing. Each camera company can take their resulting footage and process the best way they know possible.

Results will be posted in 2K and 4K. Results will be shown on a 10', 20' and 40' screen.

Comparisons will be made regarding resolution, dynamic range, color and frame rates.

Footage may be captured in RAW or RGB codec. Display will be DCP.

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 04-30-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Not sure you'll hear from many takers, Jim. ;-)
    Owner/Editor
    Drawbridge Media, Inc.
    www.drawbridge.tv
    ---
    Drawbridge does a mix of corporate video production, spots,
    live events and post-production. We also edit shows for Discovery Networks/TLC.

Jim, aren't you worried that you may give the competitors fodder for their marketing materials should their cameras prove to be better in the aspects you laid out?

(this is what's called a leading question. take it away, Jim!) ;)

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The customer has the right to know...

BTW... not worried.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kamkolkar View Post
    Jim, aren't you worried that you may give the competitors fodder for their marketing materials should their cameras prove to be better in the aspects you laid out?

(this is what's called a leading question. take it away, Jim!) ;)
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

Jim, if I could be a part of this as a spare pair of hands or even document the process I would be grateful for the experience. I'm local :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

This sounds awesome! Even though I have doubts that the other companies will answer the call, it would be cool to see Canon, Sony, and Arri all officially send someone to represent their cameras:-)
    George Tsai :-D
    http://www.GTsai.com
    http://fuzeti.com/

EPIC-X 444
    Full Camera Package, and DIT services available

"Sanity is for the weak!" - Dawn of War

I do not suffer from schizophrenia, I quite enjoy it.

And so do I

Sounds like a great idea with everything being presented with the future of cinematography in mind. I hope the major camera companies take the bite, I'd like to see the results, got a dragon prototype to test too?!
    Bachelors of Graphic Design and working towards a masters in living life. http://www.cinnabarvista.com/portfolio/

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Since every camera company is invited and they can control every aspect of the testing... I would be disappointed if they didn't show up. This test will be the only one where each company has complete control of their camera and testing.

We will provide lunch at N/C... so there is absolutely no reason for them not to come. :-)

Jim

On top of the tech specs, i'd like to see 300fps 60-0mph crash tests of the camera bodies - Extremely important in my buying decision :)
    Epic-X #3820

www.richiet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Since every camera company is invited and they can control every aspect of the testing... I would be disappointed if they didn't show up. This test will be the only one where each company has complete control of their camera and testing.

We will provide lunch at N/C... so there is absolutely no reason for them not to come. :-)

Jim
    Free lunch! Only question is will you be serving hot or only RAW?