I hear it has a new fan, better heat sync, etc.
When they send you the email, it lists all that they are going to do to the Epic.
I have number 565.
How long did the shipment take.
Can you give us some more info like:
Did they send you a confirmation of arrival ?
If so when did they mail you ?
Did Red inform you about the delay before ?
My camera has arrived to RED yesterday and now trying to
predict the arrival time.
This sounds like a really stupid question, but how are you shipping- in the original case without any additional packing material, or packing the original pelican inside another box with packing material?
I don't use my case for travel since I always carry on with me, so just wondering if you guys think the pelican it camera in is enough protection.
Solved: going with my gut and double box
Last edited by Joe Pontecorvo; 06-01-2012 at 08:21 AM.
I shipped my stuff inside of the Pelican case, which was packed inside of the original shipping box. It was retuned in the Pelican case only. Now I am looking for something to get the FedEx label off.but how are you shipping- in the original case without any additional packing material, or packing the original pelican inside another box with packing material?
I shipped it out on Monday the 7th and it arrived on Tuesday the 8th. I simply watched the FedEx tracking page to know when they received it. I received a shipping notice this past Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Probably would have shipped on Monday but it was a holiday in the US.Did they send you a confirmation of arrival ? If so when did they mail you ? Did Red inform you about the delay before ?
I don't know how the M changed along the way, so my comments are from an M that was received in April of 2011:
1. The top and back plate are new. The top plate has the new mounting points. The original backplate was one piece. Now the area aroud the docking pins (for Redmote) matches the X.
2. They replaced the power button. My original button had a lot of the red portion flaking off.
3. The REDMote battery now stays charged, at least so far. My original REDMote would drain the battery in 3-4 days. Its still showing full power today. This matches the REDMote that came with my X.
4. New side handle. Original side handle had dark gray / black buttons on the back and the S & M markings on the front were black. It also did not have a sensor mark on the side. Now it matches the currently shipping side handles.
5. My M was noisy when powering on. It also had an electronic buzz you could hear from the back. Several Ms I tried had this issue. It now powers up like the X and the buzz is gone.
6. They replaced the swivel base on the LCD. At least it appears that way. I say this because where the bolts go in looked brand new as in nothing was worn down.
As with Curran, I could not be happier with the upgrade, thank you RED.
Any update on the current progress getting through the Epic M's ??? - i contacted my Bomb Squad Rep in the UK on friday last week and he couldn't tell me anything about when i should expect back my M.
Im meant to be starting a feature at the end of this week with both my cameras - im trying not to lose work and money on this if i can avoid it if it is going to be next couple of days. Epic M #677
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|