Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RCX Generated Quicktime Wrapper files have no audio

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RCX Generated Quicktime Wrapper files have no audio 
    Is there anything I need to do to be able to hear the audio from my clips when playing back the quicktime wrapper files I have generated in RCX? I noticed the audio box is greyed out on the options tab when generating the file but since it is just a wrapper which looks at the original media I would assume it plays back whatever is in the original file both audio and video.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Red Team
    Hi JR,

Nothing special is required. All camera audio channels will be referenced. What are you using to playback the wrappers? Have you installed the latest FCS plugin from the downloads section of red.com?

David

Hi David, Yes I downloaded the FCP studio 3 installer with Red Codec V 4.4.0 and rebooted the system. But I get nothing but hiss when I play back the video in Quicktime or on the FCP timeline. IS there a way to check if the Codec V4.4.0 is actually installed?
    George

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #4  
    Red Team
    Hi JR,

Yes, the codec will have been installed to /Library/QuickTime. Can you verify that you are able to play back with sound in RCX? I might have you send us your clip so I can take a closer look.

Thanks,
    David