Thread: Problem attaching Touch LCD to EPIC

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Problem attaching Touch LCD to EPIC 
    When I attempt to attach the touch LCD to the top of the EPIC so that the angled side protrudes over the lens mount, the screws for some reason find a bit of resistance when initially contacting the camera and inevitably after both screws are fully tightened, the LCD feels a little loose and wobbles a bit on the camera.

If I turn the LCD around, so that the angled side protrudes over the camera, the screws thread fine and after tightened everything feels very solid.

I've tried both sides numerous time now and the result is consistent. Anyone know what the issue is?

THANKS! :)

-B
    Brandon Fraley
    Director - Cinematographer
    EPIC-X #2762 "Zo"

Are you using the threaded holes on the LCD - if so your bolts going from them into the threaded holes on the body will normally bind because the threads don't line up properly and stop you fully tightening.

If it happens to work the other way round, you just got lucky that the threads lined up.

Try using the unthreaded holes on the LCD and should then work both ways round.
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Indeed I was, Eric. Thank you very much for the tip! ;)

-B
    Brandon Fraley
    Director - Cinematographer
    EPIC-X #2762 "Zo"