I'll be announcing the details of our new 'SolidStore' product soon. A simple purpose-build portable device to facilitate the offload and backup of RED CF, RED Drive and other file-based systems.
Full details will follow in Feb, but here's a few tidbits:
- One-button operation - insert the card or connect the drive and press the go button. The built in display with tell you about progress, and a status light will give clear confirmation when the process is finished.
- Dual Removable Drives - all data is copied, by default, on to two removable drives (250GB default although available up to 500GB). The drive cartridges are readily available, and can also be used as external drives with a cable and power supply.
- Gigabit Ethernet - connectivity to a laptop or workstation by GigE for footage review and REDCine access.
- 12-24V Power - runs with standard 12/24V power and has over and under voltage protection.
- Expandable - Initially to support RED CF, and Firewire/USB drives, support will be expanded to P2 and XDCAM EX, and other formats as demand dictates.
We're aiming to have an initial production run ready to ship in August 2008.
Initial development will be targeted to RED usage, but other formats are also planned and will be added as they become possible.
Let us know what you'd like to see from this product, we're trying to make it as usable as possible for everyone. We want something that fits your workflow, not something that you have to fit your workflow around.