Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HP 820 Tower - RED EDITION

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 HP 820 Tower - RED EDITION 
    We have teamed up with HP, NVIDIA and ADOBE and are releasing some uber Liquid Cooled HP RED Z820 workstations next month. HP has built custom dual RED MAG card readers into the front with internal RED ROCKET acceleration card(s) plus tuned ADOBE CS6 suite installations... These things scream.

These will be sold through HP professional resellers such as ProMax and TEKSERVE starting in July. These are being shown next week at the ADOBE roadshow touring the country, some of you might of seen and used the prototypes at REDUCATION this last week.

There will be a builder to add whatever you want. RED ROCKET, CS6, and all drivers etc are pre-installed, starting around $10,000.

Sample Build :

HP Z820 (16) 3.21GHz Cores, Liquid Cooled, 32GB 1600MHz Quad Channel Memory, Nvidia Quadro 5000 GPU, RED ROCKET, (1) Internal BluRay/REDMAG Reader, 300GB, 2.5" 10K SAS 6Gb Boot Drive, HP 3-3-3 Global Warranty on HP Components (does not have: Any RAID volume - these need to be added by TEKSERVE or ProMAX)

When you team up, with Apple give me a cal, I'll order a squadron of them... ;)
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

Banned
    Very nice, thanks Jarred for heads up. Looks great.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    heh heh heh... :) Word on the street is that Apple has left the pro tower game for at least another year, if not forever.

Unfortunately, I think it is time to either wait and painfully milk everything you can out of that 5 year old mac pro tower, or move on to the dark side for your heavy lifting needs.

HP is eager to make some new friends as shown by there unprecedented support to the professionals that really kicked off with their mega booth at NAB. You would be surprised at just who has switched to these.. and just looking at the fact that two legendary pro mac system builders both PROMAX and TEKSERVE have jumped into the game it is very telling.

Jarred you have stoked the fires of making me want to start an Apple-bashing flamewar. I will be strong. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    EHEHE Ketch,
    Interesting this hp z820... I like ... but with OSX ;)
    Color Correction DAVINCI Resolve/Digital Workflow/Red Camera Rental
    CARBON DRAGON #44 "DJANGO"
    DRAGON #599 "MACHETE " and EPIC #668

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    Jarred you have stoked the fires of making me want to start an Apple-bashing flamewar. I will be strong. For now.
    I am starting to realize that Apple has a new place.. a very good place, handeling the majority of our non-professional daily tasks like email etc. That is the market they have switched over to go after, and there is no problem with that. I still use apple stuff for the light stuff.. it is much, much better at that than windows. But the heavy stuff.. you can't even compare the 2 anymore.

And remember we have ADOBE that works on both platforms seamlessly. .. a company that is not sitting still watching the grass grow. They have been killing it lately. All of their products are now better than Apple's professional software products. Hell.. don't listen to me.. just look around. The mighty mighty Final Cut Pro User group CHANGED ITS NAME @#!@#!# !! to the Creative Pro User Group.. and is now sponsored by ADOBE. Enough said.

http://www.studiodaily.com/2012/01/f...o-users-group/

Very happy for Red and HP, not so happy as a Mac centric guy who is on a Mac Red workflow... :( Why don't we see this love from Apple to Red? At the beginning, with the Final Cut pro Integration, the development of redcine X for mac, all this just looked like a match made in heaven. What sort of Facebook petition or noise do we need to make for Apple to start listening and working with you guys?

Anyway, great news and I would surely go for this computer- its a recommended, finely tuned workstation with Red's seal of approval... What more could a Red user want? But damn it feels sad to be a Mac guy right now...
    Sérgio Perez

EPIC-X 2029 "Lilau" in Macau!

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    heh heh heh... :) Word on the street is that Apple has left the pro tower game for at least another year, if not forever.

Unfortunately, I think it is time to either wait and painfully milk everything you can out of that 5 year old mac pro tower, or move on to the dark side for your heavy lifting needs.

HP is eager to make some new friends as shown by there unprecedented support to the professionals that really kicked off with their mega booth at NAB. You would be surprised at just who has switched to these.. and just looking at the fact that two legendary pro mac system builders both PROMAX and TEKSERVE have jumped into the game it is very telling.

Sad but true... :(

Well, I guess at the end if it comes to it, it could just be that this Towers be used ONLY for R3D work... We'll see.

But either way, is truly great that you guys are getting involved in pushing the Post forward in the actual Hardware as well.
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Yes ketch.. just for the heavy lifting. I have started to see DIT's move over to Windows machines.. the best DITs. It is really transparent when you are in the actual programs.. you would never know what os you are in, the windows machine is just way faster. You can hide it under the desk if you don't want anyone to know :)