Yesterday I received my Sonnet Express Pro. I've been waiting months for this piece of equipment to show up because I've been needing a portable solution for my RED Post work. I gently removed the RED ROCKET card from my Mac Pro Tower and placed it neatly into the Echo Express Pro. Here is what happened next...
1. Transferred RED ROCKET from Mac Pro to Echo Express Pro
2. Plugged in all thunderbolt cables
3. Turned on Mac Book Pro
4. Downloaded Latest Red Rocket Driver / Firmware / Red Cine X
5. Installed Driver / Firmware / Red Cine X
For like a moment, I was able to see the Red Rocket Card in Red Cine X but the card was not functioning properly. I could not see any preview of R3D files. THEN... the card seems to have gone dead.
After reading several posts here on reducer.net I've tried the following...
1. Reinstalling OS X Lion
2. Initiating "Safe Mode" on the Red Rocket by turning "on" dip switch number 8 and reinstalling firmware
3. Reinstalling RED ROCKET DRIVER
4. Re-seeding the card
It seems that my Echo Express Pro does not like my RED ROCKET because now it doesn't even see it in the "about this mac" system info tab under PCI Cards.
This is very disappointing and depressing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my card dead?
I have no logs.
It's 4:30am and I've been at this for a while with no luck.