4 years ago I was switching guys from PC to Mac.
Never knew I would have ever done this, but I finally made a decision of using products from people who listen (Yeah, RED, we are selfish :-P)
Here it goes the specs for the new workstation (even though I ordered a GTX690, I am not sure.)
1. Supermicro X9DAi MB
2. Supermicro Chassis 743TQ-1200B-SQ (Black)
3. E5-2687 3.1ghz Sandy Bridge x 2nos
4. Intel 520 120GB x 2nos SATA3 (Boot Drive - Raid 0)
5. 60GB SSD SATA 2 x 8nos for Scratch, Previews, Caches etc
6. Supermicro Memory 8GB ECC x 16nos (128GB RAM)
7. nVidia GeForce GTX 690 4GB x 1nos (Do you guys think I would require one more for better performance)
8. QLogic HBA Dual Channel 8gbps connected to XSAN
9. Decklink HD Exterme 3D+
10. RED Rocket (Possibly in Cyclone 2707)
Now I don't want to buy nVidia Maximus as I think they are changing the cards soon. GTX580 seems to be a popular choice but is PCIE2.
GPU suggestions, usage for:
1. Davinci Resolve, realtime 5K with as many nodes as possible
2. After Effects 5K Native (for things my editor does on it, crazy stuff)
3. Premiere Pro 5K native multi layer.