I would really like to know more about your experiences with the scarlet/nanoflash configuration.
I'm aware of the advantages of the pix, but the weight of it is a drawback for me.
I also don't plan to go back to r3d's later if I use a prores recorder.
(It's only for clients that demand HD MFX files for their workflow and don't want to transcode or work with Premiere.)
If you'd feel like answering some questions, it would be much appreciated!
1) Does start/stop triggering work with the nano and how reliable is it in the field?
2) I use dual system sound and have a scratch mike on the scarlet (therefore sound on the sdi-out is not reliable, sometimes nothing is even recorded...)
How do you deal with syncing sound files from the 744T? Does the nanoflash record the Scarlet's TOD TC via the sdi-out?
3) Any picture / sound delays or TC drifts that make things more complicated?
3) What's the best way to do TC jamming between the 744t, Scarlet and the nano?
4) Any advice for cabling or powering the nano (I would like to use the D-Tap on my brick adapter)
Thanks so much for helping on this!!