Thread: Corrupt Files (problem only showing up in Vegas)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Corrupt Files (problem only showing up in Vegas) 
    Anybody come across anything like this before?

These files show up this way off of the original SSD (happened on 2 different SSDs) so I'm kinda at a loss here as to what's causing it. They show up fine in RCX and Premiere, but maybe there's some small corruption those 2 programs are not seeing that Vegas is.
    Scarlet #530 - "Daisy" || Epic #6012 - "Windswept"

Oh ya! Thought I was the only one experiencing this. I've reported this to Sony. Unfortunately, until the last patch of Vegas 11 (build 683) they haven't been able to fix it. But Vegas 12 is coming out soon and hopefully it'll be fixed in that version. This problem is very frustrating. Vegas 11 seems incapable of reading certain r3D files.... very few have this problem... I've encountered about 6 or 7 in hundreds of r3d files, but still annoying when the take you want is unusable in Vegas.

I've experienced this many times, and I use the latest version of Vegas Pro 12.

Senior Member Marcos Montenegro's Avatar
    Some files are unreadable in Vegas because it tries to see it as a Tiff or Targa file. In 100 clips I maybe see this in 2 or 3. All you do is in RCX export the file in question as a RED Trim file, then you can read it no problem in Vegas. The only issue is that audio won't be included in a R3D trim file (not yet supported).
    MARCOS MONTENEGRO
    K'ASUNEL STUDIOS
    Based in Baltimore / travel worldwide
    DP, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, WRITER, AUDIO PRO

Epic-M Dragon 02984 "LA LEYENDA"