Thread: Red mag not mounting to computer

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Red mag not mounting to computer 
    I have a 128gb card that I can't get to mount to the computer. My camera sees it fine and can record and playback clips in camera. But the redmag station does not recognize it at all. I am using the redmag mini usb 3.0 version. I also have a 64gb card that works just fine with the red station. But the red light won't even turn on when inserting the 128gb card.

Anyone ever experience this or hear of this? Any recommended solutions appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Will the mag reader recognise other mags? No doubt you've tried restarting with the mag in the reader attached , Tried switching out cables and swapping ports. Will the mag mount on another computer?

Thanks for the response. The reader does recognize my other card just fine, so i wouldnt think its the reader. I did indeed try other cables. Also tried the firewire port in addition to the usb port. Tried on both PC and mac. It just seems so odd that the camera can still read and write to the card though.

My only problem with mounting mags was with a USB3 reader... Can you try a different reader?

Chris, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. I also tried another reader. That particular Redmag functions normally on camera though, just like yours. It just won't mount on the computer.
    Scarlet-X #1565 "Sisu"

You could try a Windows PC too, if you have access to one.
    DOP / Digital Lighting Camera Operator
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyoung View Post
    You could try a Windows PC too, if you have access to one.
    Thanks for the tip, Eric. I'll try that tomorrow. I have also contacted my rep about the issue.
    Scarlet-X #1565 "Sisu"

No luck with a PC either. Sending it in for evaluation.
    Scarlet-X #1565 "Sisu"

Antti, what did they say when you sent your card in? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

Any follow up to this? I've purchased a used 512GB card, and it isn't recognized on my machine. My 3 others RedMags mount just fine. I'm wondering if there's a formatting error or an easy fix that I'm missing.