Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet Deal of a Lifetime

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Before I just. got a project Nov-Jan, corporate shot that would require me to shoot a lot of available light, preferably when it's good around dawn and dusk.

What is the current honest opinion on Scarlet/Epic low light performance? I soooo much want to grab this deal, but it needs to work...

Can I buy this for RED USA and have it shipped to Switzerland within a week?
    I've seen a bunch of projects shot at night / lowlight - and if the DP knows what they are doing they look great. If there was a hack pushing the buttons, well it looks like shite. But that's the same with all pro cameras where you have to make conscious decisions about camera set-up and post workflow...
    Can't believe I get paid to do this.
    If I don't own it I rent it...

Not seeing them in battle tested section... are they all sold already? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Soderberg View Post
    Not seeing them in battle tested section... are they all sold already? :(
    No i don't think so Use the Friends and family link on page one!
    "Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones that get past them have the richest life."
    Jim Jannard

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Anyone know the part number/name for the Matthews mount that's holding each Scarlet to it's C-Stand?
    Thanks,

-Harry

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.

Looks like it to me. Thanks Jarred.

While I've got you, can I shamelessly point you to another question I had for you: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...1#post1076690?
    Thanks,

-Harry

impressive ... :-)

So what your saying is, there are going to by another 75 wondering how are we going to upgrade to a Epic. BUYER BEWARE, SCARLETS ARE A GATEWAY DRUG TO EPICS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    Scarlet "Fever" Ti Canon Mount
    Brian Pascale

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Any clarity on FW updates without monitor would be appreciated from users/owners

3k ? well I only want to deliver awesome 1080.
    I guess save a little space, and get a bit more DOF (in effect) - im not a shallow junkie
    Something like the 18-50 seems a great range at 3k with a few wide shots at 4k where required - im not a wide junkie - 18-80 is too heavy!

800 for more highlight protection/noisier shadows - thats standard issue for a 'fixed ISO camera' in my book of ETTR -sounds like a fixed ISO camera to me

And thanks for the time :)

S
    The only issue with using a 3rd party monitor as a primary monitor is switching the menus to it after a firmware update. At first we had to ask for a force HDMI preset for each new firmware but now red has created a download package with everything you could need. It's found in the support section of red.com in the downloads portion and it's called DSMC resources. Inside will be a series of folders one should be preset files, inside of that will be a selection between firmwares select your, then select the preset you want 720 or 1080, hdsdi or hdmi. Now all you have to do is place the file in a folder named force_preset in the root of your ssd, boot the camera it will run the force preset and then the screen should turn on.

https://www.red.com/downloads

hope this helps and enjoy I know you will!

how many scarlets left????