Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New pricing...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 New pricing... 
    There is a conflict in my posts about when we will post the new pricing structure. In one post I said Nov. 1st and in another post I said Oct. 31st.

The correct date is Nov. 1st and at about 5pm PST.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

gasp

No worries Jim. My finger on the refresh was getting tired anyway...

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    EPIC-X "SHAI"

awe man! that's bummer. Guess I have to read more of the back and forth in the other thread
    Samir Patel
    samirpatel.tv
    twitter: @samir_patel
    Gear: RED, Canon, Nikon, Leica-R, Contax Zeiss

I was thinking about the “Up-Coming” 6K Dragon Sensor on the Epic, besides fixing whatever problems remained like the fan and other small things, they had to go back for a redesigned of their ASIC approval, and so there must be other things involved here!

That in comparison to the F55 it’s like they are talking about a “Video Camera”, not a “Digital Cinema Camera” with its own “Proprietary R3D REDCODE File Meta Data System” with a U. S. Patent to back-it-up, which does not “Burn-In” anything, but just simply records “Mata Data” that can be manipulate later.

I know that F55 is a 4K camera (for the future), but Sony keeps on talking about a 2K System too much, and at 4:2:2, I don’t quite understand that either! Nor are they talking about recording a 2.40:1 image from which to get a 1.85:1 image from the middle with proper composition, and additionally a heightened 1.9:1 image for IMAX “AT THE SAME TIME”. They are not talking about a “Full Sensor Size” (30.7*30.7) + (15.8*15.8) √1139.96 = 34.5272 Ø, or 16 Stops of Dynamic Range, nor the 2,000 ASA/ISO, and the protection of “High” and “Lows” in “Meta Data”.

Once it’s fully equipped, the F55 it will probably cost more than a similarly equipped Red Epic, we’ll have to wait on that. Its looks like they tried to copy “Red Modular Concept”, but somehow they felt short, it’s got sort of “Clunky look-to-it”. I don’t see-it, I’m missing something? If you put a fully functional F55 on a scale, I’m sure it will weigh more that an Epic. I always have confidence that Red will exceed of our expectations, work to fix whatever they do, and they don’t mind saying so, that’s a fact!

The “5K Red Epic X Camera” is in the PAST, it just a matter of months before we have a new camera! So let’s wait and see. Sony failed miserably with the F65, just saying. Prices on the Red Epic; don’t get me started on that; THE LOWER THE BETTER, while maintains the Hi-Quality we have always gotten and expected from Red.

So I think I’m finally ready to take the “Big Plunge” Next Year, and for me the ONLY VIABLE OPTION seems to be the “Red 6K Dragon Sensor Red Epic Camera”! I just wish they did something about those Arri/Zeiss Master Prime (LDS) Lenses, T1.3, virtually no breathing, and Sixteen Lenses in all. They’re “Sharp as a Tack” it would be good addition to the “Meizler Module” approach to its “Swiss Army Knife” all inclusive method!

I say it again, “THE-MOST-IMPORTANT-THINGS-THAT-HAPPENS”; it happens at the “6K Dragon Sensor” where the IMAGE FROM THE LENS FOCAL PLANE FALLS; at that moment you’re recording the image onto a 512 GB Camera Card, that will-be FOREVER, thereafter you’re ONLY IMAGE WILL be what you recoded in that “R3D METACODE File” that can be improved for-ever, with software up-grades, such as the upcoming “Build Four”, and beyond.

Humberto Rivera

Bring it on Jim!

RED is supposed to over deliver. Advance it by a day. I was trying to fight my sleep when I saw this. May RED continue this excitement every day, every year, for ever.
    Cheers!

Oh well. Another day of speculations ahead of us

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    No worries Jim. My finger on the refresh was getting tired anyway...
    Aha! Well time to go back to work rather than surfing the forums!
    Isaac Marchionna
    DART Design
    DRAGON-X 03914 "Ballista"

Well, I guess one more day wont hurt;)

Gak. The torment. Oh well, guess the champagne has to wait another day... ;)