Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1176
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jones View Post
    Your only saying that so that the EPIC can be in your price range, so that you can buy one. Hey man for your sakes, and others in your position I'm glad the price is going down. But for my sakes and people in my position I'm not glad.
    Really? that's all you got from all those points I made. honestly I don't need RED to drop their price. I can just go and buy and F5 or the 1DC when it comes out. that's what I was trying to tell you. RED will die. cause more and more people like me will not buy and RED will have hit their ceiling in sales already, which for such a young company means death.

Quote Originally Posted by John semikian View Post
    Really? that's all you got from all those points I made. honestly I don't need RED to drop their price. I can just go and buy and F5 or the 1DC when it comes out. that's what I was trying to tell you. RED will die. cause more and more people like me will not buy and RED will have hit their ceiling in sales already, which for such a young company means death.
    The only thing holding you back from RED is a lower cost brain? I find that hard to believe, given how much money I spent on RED accessories, and time I invested in learning the camera and the post-workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kamkolkar View Post
    Indeed. We are spec What drives decisions like this are business goals. RED has NOT given a clue about their business goal here. If the goal is to just get as many brains sold as possible, then, that's a whole different goal than the one I THINK is RED's goal - which is to compete effectively with new 4K cameras coming out.

I'm guessing (and hoping) RED's goal is the latter. ulating here.

my friend getting as many brains into people's hands does not mean butcher the price and flood the market. it means to compete with current competition at a slightly lower price and win the price war without completely destroying the worth of the camera. this in turn will bring in more customers. which will then reduce the price of the workflow add ons. I don't remember how many Epics were out there but last I checked the number was not too high. this limits the possible number of orders made on modules and Red Rockets which then handcuffs a company to a high price for those add ons because of accounting principles. now if the number was double (if there were twice as many Epics out there then their are now) and believe me the market still wouldn't be flooded cause the number is really low right now, then the possible orders for modules and Rockets would also double which in turn using basic accounting principles would mean a lower forecasted price for those add ons.

I'm sorry to those who bought it at a high price and feel ripped off, but in the end you will all benefit by having more RED owners (just like Apple customers immensely benefited when iPods and iPhones were in everyone's hands) cause RED will be a stronger healthier company that can offer modules and add ons for lower prices, because of the sheer volume of customers. like I said the customers are going to go somewhere, and not many people know and trust RED like we do. Everyone knows Sony and Canon. this competition from them at this price point is not a joke that should be taken lightly.

The only thing holding you back from RED is a lower cost brain? I find that hard to believe, given how much money I spent on RED accessories, and time I invested in learning the camera and the post-workflow.
    read my earlier post.. more brains in the world means lower cost everything else.

read my earlier post.. more brains in the world means lower cost everything else.
    So you are suggesting that RED's business goal is to lower cost on everything?

And you think the means to do that is by lowering cost on the brains? Which you think will increase volume of accessories sold? And then, RED can lower cost on those?

If so, I can't agree with this approach. And hope RED isn't planning on such trickle-down economics and instead takes the bull by the horns and LOWERS DIRECTLY the cost of the solution. Period.

So you are suggesting that RED's business goal is to lower cost on everything?

And you think the means to do that is by lowering cost on the brains? Which you think will increase volume of accessories sold? And then, RED can lower cost on those?

If so, I can't agree with this approach. And hope RED isn't planning on such trickle-down economics and instead takes the bull by the horns and LOWERS DIRECTLY the cost of the solution. Period.
    how can you be so bold in your statement? you don't know the financial initial investment made on those modules and rockets. if at that price they have it now they need to sell to 50% of all Red owners to break even how can they drop the price? and how much? a $100 or $1000 and how much more will sell if they drop $1000? if it will only sell 5% more units then they actually wouldn't have helped their investment by doing that. I'm sorry man but this is simple economics. you can not presume they can just lower the price without actually knowing the initial investment amount and costs associated. but you can 100% assume that they can lower the price if they had more customers or RED camera owners. trickle down? lol this isn't trickle down like in politics, this is consumer based and never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    I simply am not too interested in some lines of work, since they - despite giving me money - just makes me sad.

Others have different perspectives, and I totally respect that.

But to me, value is not measured in cash, but in images and satisfaction with life and work.
    Well, keep in mind that Gunleik is from Norway -- hence, his entire value system is upside-down. Who wants to be happy when you can have money instead?! Crazy!

-- peer

(jepp, også jeg er Norsk -- fra Ryfylke ;^)

how can you be so bold in your statement?
    RED taught me well. ;)

101 pages of discussion about a drop in price as though the price reduction is about cameras. And I guess that's understandable since cameras are what RED is primarily known for. But I think the cameras are coming down in price to act almost like a loss leader even though their sales will still be profitable.

All I'm saying is try not to concentrate on one type of product. Think RED SYSTEM. RED Digital Cinema is becoming a company that paints with broad strokes.
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production...
    Chrysalis... shooting 2014
    L.C. (Elsie) N., dba nelloProductions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    ... But I think the cameras are coming down in price to act almost like a loss leader even though their sales will still be profitable.
    People would see through this strategy and it doesn't serve RED's desire to be transparent. Sell brains as a loss leader and reap profits from needed accessories that really help it compete with the other options is a really old and tired strategy and that isn't RED's style.

RED needs to be direct as its always been. Lower the solution cost, and don't focus on the brain cost alone.