Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1176
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    I simply am not too interested in some lines of work, since they - despite giving me money - just makes me sad.

Others have different perspectives, and I totally respect that.

But to me, value is not measured in cash, but in images and satisfaction with life and work.
    Well, keep in mind that Gunleik is from Norway -- hence, his entire value system is upside-down. Who wants to be happy when you can have money instead?! Crazy!

-- peer

(jepp, også jeg er Norsk -- fra Ryfylke ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by John semikian View Post
    how can you be so bold in your statement?
    RED taught me well. ;)

101 pages of discussion about a drop in price as though the price reduction is about cameras. And I guess that's understandable since cameras are what RED is primarily known for. But I think the cameras are coming down in price to act almost like a loss leader even though their sales will still be profitable.

All I'm saying is try not to concentrate on one type of product. Think RED SYSTEM. RED Digital Cinema is becoming a company that paints with broad strokes.
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production...
    Chrysalis... shooting 2015
    L.C. (Elsie) N., dba nelloProductions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    ... But I think the cameras are coming down in price to act almost like a loss leader even though their sales will still be profitable.
    People would see through this strategy and it doesn't serve RED's desire to be transparent. Sell brains as a loss leader and reap profits from needed accessories that really help it compete with the other options is a really old and tired strategy and that isn't RED's style.

RED needs to be direct as its always been. Lower the solution cost, and don't focus on the brain cost alone.

< Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kamkolkar View Post
    People would see through this strategy and it doesn't serve RED's desire to be transparent. Sell brains as a loss leader and reap profits from needed accessories that really help it compete with the other options is a really old and tired strategy and that isn't RED's style.

RED needs to be direct as its always been. Lower the solution cost, and don't focus on the brain cost alone.
    Just sayin' the more people you have using your capture product, the more people who will buy your exhibition product.
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production...
    Chrysalis... shooting 2015
    L.C. (Elsie) N., dba nelloProductions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Just sayin' the more people you have using your capture product, the more people who will buy your exhibition product.
    Ah yes, indeed. I hope RED is in this mode of thinking of the pipeline of products they have, and lowering the costs for the overall solution. Given they are talking about a lowering of costs TODAY, and since acquisition/post are the elements in play as of today, I hope they end up lowering the cost for those two across their product portfolio.

Elsie, that same logic really applies both ways. If someone is buying a Red Epic, it is almost 100% guaranteed they will be spending a significant amount of money on accessories REQUIRED to operate the camera.

I think the debate here is really about the fact that by decreasing prices across the board and not just the brain, it could be a positive impact on all owners of Epic cameras, not just the new would-be customers of Sony / etc.

But again, I really do think Jim, Jarred, and their team of business experts probably have a better understanding of what they are doing than any of us, and I think everyone will reap the benefits eventually, even if it hurts a little bit at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C Smith View Post
    I think the debate here is really about the fact that by decreasing prices across the board and not just the brain, it could be a positive impact on all owners of Epic cameras, not just the new would-be customers of Sony / etc.

But again, I really do think Jim, Jarred, and their team of business experts probably have a better understanding of what they are doing than any of us, and I think everyone will reap the benefits eventually, even if it hurts a little bit at first.
    Agreed. It all depends on their business goal, which they could NEVER share with the public (which includes their competitors). So we can only speculate, both on the business goal, and how they may try and achieve it. Its fun, but in the end, not really our call. If indeed they are scanning these forums for suggestions and ideas, I hope they got something worthwhile out of these 100+ pages. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    The only people here who own an Epic and would not be negatively affected by a price drop (whether they realize it or not) are people who are not existing Red customers and hobbyists.
    How silly. How utterly illogic. How can you "own an Epic" and NOT be an "existing Red customer"..?! Pray tell.

-- peer