Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Is this only an effect on the Epic pricing or is the cost efficiency also effecting the Scarlet price?
    I suspect that the pricing will be on par with the Red One and I think it it's a sound strategy to stop production of the Red One and replace it with the Epic as the main camera on the Red market.
    It would be nice to see the last Red One, that would be a historical serial number, like the first Red One -THE camera that redefined digital cinema.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

2. #112 It is called Passion 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The primary difference between us and the other guys is... we are in this 100% heart and soul. Jarred and I (plus a ton of Bomb Squad and other RED employees) live this stuff 18 hours a day. Jarred actually is really in 20 hours a day.

Everything matters to us. The cameras matter. Our customers matter. And it is complicated times a number you can't think of.

If we ever fail... it is NOT because we are not trying. We give our every fiber to this cause.

Jim
    That's the color of RED.
    Brett Clements
    CEO - PlatinumHD Gold Coast
    www.platinumhd.tv

Wow, great news. I just paid off my Scarlet, now it is Epic time baby!
    This will really take the wind out of Sony's sails on Sony's on October 30th.
    RED, thanks for pushing the envelope, thanks for pushing the industry and thanks for a superior product.
    James Bridges
    Scarlet #651 "Maggie"
    www.typeamedia.com

I've a signed RED Epic M anyway. We're hands up for another few cameras. We'd rather spend our money with inventors who are still around to autograph their gear. BRING IT.
    Brett Clements
    CEO - PlatinumHD Gold Coast
    www.platinumhd.tv

Just a quick question. With the new reduced prices do we still need to pay $50.000 of equipment to get the Dragon sensor upgrade included? When you announce the prices it would be great to know if it's still 50 or if it's less so we know how to place our orders.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasOberg View Post
    Just a quick question. With the new reduced prices do we still need to pay $50.000 of equipment to get the Dragon sensor upgrade included? When you announce the prices it would be great to know if it's still 50 or if it's less so we know how to place our orders.

Thanks!
    Wanna know, too!

Fantastic news! Great move. Thanks for choosing this path. I love this company (and these honest and passionate posts).
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.art
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4

Now that's something you don't read very often from a company - thank you guys, love it. Happily paid in full for our EPIC-M, not once have I regretted it. That camera and the pictures we could make with it opened up doors I wouldn't have dreamed of 1 year ago, we made our money back by working our asses off, renting it out a bit, helping aspiring filmmakers and students by giving them the camera for free or for a very attractiv rental price, we made tons of new friends, and I feel completely at home with you RED guys. So thanks, and the lower price just makes me want to purchase some more EPICs... You know - once you have one, you soon realise two would be better :) Cheers guys!
    Tobias Straka

Director | Art Director | Producer

/// Web: straka.ch

I am really glad to see this! SONY, Panasonic, and Canon have acknowledged the inevitable, but they have done so in a way that shows their hearts are not really in it, by neutering products, and rolling out firmware updates in response to other small competitive moves. You guys are clearly gung-ho on the technology, and the products, but your cost basis was very high--for very understandable reasons. It will be great to see RED offering the best of both worlds--great functionality and great economics--without apologies or regret. Now I have two reasons to look forward to the day after Halloween. (The first reason is I hate Halloween!)
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Please have a look at the redrocket, it have been around for quiet a while and perhaps its cheaper to build it nowdays:)
    +1
    I would love to grab a RR but it is getting a little long in the tooth :)