Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    And this is what differentiates Red from the Sonys and Canons of the world.

There is no other camera system that can rival the performance of Red Epic, and Red still reduces the prices for its customers. The usual economic theories about demand, supply and competition all go for a toss.

Awesome. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Simpson View Post
    +1
    I would love to grab a RR but it is getting a little long in the tooth :)
    Instead of reducing its price, IMO Red would be better off launching a new version on 28nm process (like the latest GPUs from nvidia and AMD).
    Considering how old Red Rocket is now, a new one could easily double or triple the raw performance, on same power budget. While also being cheaper to manufacture.

+1 on a major price drop on the ROCKET or an upgrade.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Hey, wait a second. This means the Epic monochrome should cost even less. 1/3 the color, right? ;-)

This is just my opinion but I have been saying this for a number of years.
    The market has changed any every company is looking at it's very survival in the current climate.

I think the recent 7K sale of Red Scarlets (and the demand for them) has shown Red that sales are there, but it's all about
    price in the current climate
    I have been saying this long before Blackmagic announced their camera, but IMO the key to survival is mass adoption of your product
    and workflow. Pricing is a large part of this but the remainder is kit cost and workflow.

I still feel the next biggest move Red could make would be to provide the ProRes / DNxHD and Mini Audio Module ASAP,
    and if possible reduce your accessories cost.

Finally this is going to be controversial but adding a Cineform option to any Pro Res / DNXD module may seem absurd to even mention,
    but please hear me out, it's only a matter of time before Blackmagic or some other manufacturer does the same.
    The fact that you can edit and conform in one visually lossless codec and use it throughout the entire editing FX and Post Workflow
    is huge and will drive future developments.

The next few years will be all be about survival, over time things that seemed absurd may start to make sense, the key will be whether
    companies can reassess their situation quicker than the competition and make the necessary changes.

My 2 Cents

While this price drop is highly appreciated and I hope this might be the upgrade path from Scarlet to Epic for me I still remember that massive 7K price jump in January (Epic brainX was 27,500 before) Looking forward to the announcement... we´ll see.

Cheers, Ulf

I'm excited for this, as I've recently been really thinking about getting an Epic. Is the deal where if you purchase $50,000 with the Epic and other accessories and get the Dragon upgrade for free still going to be in effect after the price drop? Will the price threshold be lowered after the price drop to get that deal?

-mike

Again I'm a proud owner, proud shooter, proud fan... Cheers RED

THANK YOU JJ and J...

Keep on rocking.....
    "...in life we are either artists or spectators...."

CINESOCIETY
    RED AUTHORIZED RENTAL HOUSE
    SP/BRASIL

DSMC2 - Monstro 8k #011120
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8406
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8457
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8730
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8838

dragon CF "RYOKU" - 0069
    dragon M "GAMBARE" - 2497
    dragon M "GAMBATE" - 4651

I think by RED selling the BT scarlets at 7k it made a lot of people who were on the fence jump on the band wagon. These people are buying all the modules and items needed to work the scarlet. Some of these people will upgrade to a EPIC once they learn the workflow and desire the Higher Resolution and Frame Rates.

One scary thing is as these cameras get cheaper it will open the door to more and more people. As a business its great for RED but for RED shooters if every single Joe Schmo has a RED the value of having a RED goes down. I know at least in the Action Sports industry that shooters with REDs are in high demand.
    DP/Editor

EPIC-W 8K HELIUM
    www.patrickwieland.net

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Wieland View Post

One scary thing is as these cameras get cheaper it will open the door to more and more people. As a business its great for RED but for RED shooters if every single Joe Schmo has a RED the value of having a RED goes down. I know at least in the Action Sports industry that shooters with REDs are in high demand.
    +1,...........Now I am saving money for EPIC.Scarlet is really amazing camera for me,But now I am thinking about Epic.