Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    No matter what we do will piss people off. That is the nature of electronics. Read my 1st post.

Jim
    I suspect that number will be far fewer then the new fans you'll gain. I can't put a price on the footage I have got in the last year. No love lost here. Hopefully some of the accessories will come down some too. Would love to see SSD's get a lot cheaper soonish.

+ 1 on a new line of rockets at reasonable prices!!! You've done wonders with you camera, now we need to say the post side is a no brainer.

BTW, what is this 50,000$ of equipment thing? I must of missed this!
    Director|DP|Producer
    FORGED Monstro VV |Trooper 8K | CF Dragon
    http://digitalcrossing.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Wieland View Post
    I think by RED selling the BT scarlets at 7k it made a lot of people who were on the fence jump on the band wagon. These people are buying all the modules and items needed to work the scarlet. Some of these people will upgrade to a EPIC once they learn the workflow and desire the Higher Resolution and Frame Rates.

One scary thing is as these cameras get cheaper it will open the door to more and more people. As a business its great for RED but for RED shooters if every single Joe Schmo has a RED the value of having a RED goes down. I know at least in the Action Sports industry that shooters with REDs are in high demand.
    Relax, your fears are unfounded. The same could be said for still cameras. I can't tell you how many times when on location, someone would come up and say, "I have that camera" often with the implication that, "I could do that, you're not so special". To wit, one of my favorite shooters would snap back, "Well here's a pencil, go draw like Michelangelo." It's not the camera that makes the artist. I don't think Ansel Adams ever owned a DSLR. Yes, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dalton View Post
    + 1 on a new line of rockets at reasonable prices!!! You've done wonders with you camera, now we need to say the post side is a no brainer.
    Pat

never a dull moment at reduser.. as a recent used Scarlet purchaser I look forward to selling it for an Epic or upgrading for a Dragon! While my current camera is amazing, best one I have ever owned, its great that I have all the accessories I need to move up when its time for me to do so. I really love overcranking my Scarlet and have been doing all kinds of off speed shooting, its amazingly beautiful. The images are unutterably gorgeous! Even at 1k I am quite pleased with the camera, and I know it will only get better when I move up to an Epic or Dragon! Taking the red course as a fresh grad last year was the best choice of my life, I have been consistently working, and even saved up to become an owner, right outta college in a shot economy! between being a DIT/Editor weekdays and shooting my own red reel weekends I use the camera or footage seven days a week and it all looks great! cannot wait to upgrade in some capacity, but in the mean time I authentically love what I am doing, even if its on the lower grade model its still amazing is basically my thesis, the best images of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dalton View Post

BTW, what is this 50,000$ of equipment thing? I must of missed this!
    Michael,

As far as I remember every purchase of RED accessories including an Epic brain of a value of at least 50,000 is qualified for a free dragon update.

Cheers, Ulf

Hearing this makes me happy that I didn't impulse buy a BT Scarlet , I will keep saving for a second Epic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf Krentz View Post
    Michael,

As far as I remember every purchase of RED accessories including an Epic brain of a value of at least 50,000 is qualified for a free dragon update.

Cheers, Ulf
    Ulf, did it mean all together in one go, or over the year? I've easily spent 50k, but one was an early scarlet kit, then epic brain, and now a BT scarlet. Somehow I think not?
    Director|DP|Producer
    FORGED Monstro VV |Trooper 8K | CF Dragon
    http://digitalcrossing.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoge View Post
    Hearing this makes me happy that I didn't impulse buy a BT Scarlet , I will keep saving for a second Epic instead.
    Im wondering what happens of the Scarlet drops as well.
    The recent BT purchasers are way under the 30 day mark.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Michael, sorry I missed that, it was meant in one go including one Epic brain. Cheers, Ulf

This is getting good. Pass the popcorn!

But seriously, as I stated on (too) many boards, Canon and the 300 was a HUGE let down for me.
    Way over-priced and lacking in far too many features - audio, 8 bit, etc. for a real cine camera.
    Now on Oct. 31st, we have Sony's "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT",
    which I will take a giant leap and predict a hobbled (won't find out until they arrive) 4K camera without h- res onboard recording and other
    necessary features (likely audio) so it doesn't compete with the F65.

So, here comes RED, Sony's secret code cracked, out in front and heading them off at the pass once again with a major all-in TRUMP. LOVE IT!